Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

career Change? sick of plastering

career Change? sick of plastering

Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:11 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default career Change? sick of plastering

I have been a plasterer for almost 18 yrs now!!

I think i`m getting to the point of being really P***** off with working with my 2 mates (hawk/trowel)

In the last 3-4 years i decided to take a few night time courses to get some qualifications in another field, this happened to be in IT......

Anyway at first it was really wierd comming home geting the boots off,quick wash and change and off i went to to do my night time course with the Intelligent guy`s ( )

To cut a long story short i have now managed to gain MCSA on windows 2000, start a small usiness from home selling,upgrading and repairing PC`s and also deal with brand new systems which i build to spec!!...... this is along with the 2x 12 hour shifts i still do with me old employer every weekend. YEP!....... still a plasterer!

what i would like to know is, if i were to take my qualifications any further in IT what chance would i have of completely changing my career to IT in one way or another in OZ

I would like to carry on what i`m doing now and take this to OZ...

Planning (hopefully) to go to WA

Lets hear your comments guy`s
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:14 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: career Change? sick of plastering

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga

I think i`m getting to the point of being really P***** off with working with my 2 mates (hawk/trowel)

In the last 3-4 years i decided to take a few night time courses to get some qualifications in another field, this happened to be in IT......

Anyway at first it was really wierd comming home geting the boots off,quick wash and change and off i went to to do my night time course with the Intelligent guy`s ( )

To cut a long story short i have now managed to gain MCSA on windows 2000, start a small usiness from home selling,upgrading and repairing PC`s and also deal with brand new systems which i build to spec!!...... this is along with the 2x 12 hour shifts i still do with me old employer every weekend. YEP!....... still a plasterer!

what i would like to know is, if i were to take my qualifications any further in IT what chance would i have of completely changing my career to IT in one way or another in OZ

Not too sure but thought I'd bump it up a bit in case anyone else was able to help.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:30 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga

Spell Check is the bottom right icon.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 5:26 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Spell Check is the bottom right icon.

Cheers!