British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   care instructions............. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/care-instructions-289025/)

glittababe Mar 9th 2005 6:15 pm

care instructions.............

ok after a 12 week wait we finally have our sofas....only problem is we can't actually 'use' them without voiding the 2 yr gurantee!

Care instructions include; no pets, no children, no sunlight exposure,no belt buckles, no keys, no rings, no sharp objects of any kind, no spillages of any kind, no denim or dark clothing, no dust and finally no toys (adult and kids)! After waiting three months, watching TV whilst balancing on inflatable chairs we STILL have no sofas to actually sit on! They are for admiration only! :p

(popping out tomorrow to get some throw overs!)

hilary6 Mar 9th 2005 6:20 pm

Re: care instructions.............

Originally Posted by glittababe
ok after a 12 week wait we finally have our sofas....only problem is we can't actually 'use' them without voiding the 2 yr gurantee!

Care instructions include; no pets, no children, no sunlight exposure,no belt buckles, no keys, no rings, no sharp objects of any kind, no spillages of any kind, no denim or dark clothing, no dust and finally no toys (adult and kids)! After waiting three months, watching TV whilst balancing on inflatable chairs we STILL have no sofas to actually sit on! They are for admiration only! :p

(popping out tomorrow to get some throw overs!)

I Take it its leather? If it is we have a cream one and we got the same instructions. Ive got 2 boys and a boxer dog. the dog thinks ths sofa is her bed and as 4 spillage EVERYTHING wipes off its great

glittababe Mar 9th 2005 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by hilary6
I Take it its leather? If it is we have a cream one and we got the same instructions. Ive got 2 boys and a boxer dog. the dog thinks ths sofa is her bed and as 4 spillage EVERYTHING wipes off its great

dare I say it??? Its suede, white suede (is that how you spell it?) Anyway nothing will wipe off this, and it looked darker in the showroom! I have 3 boys, all are banned from the living room!

gobbyjock Mar 9th 2005 6:36 pm

dare I say it??? Its suede, white suede (is that how you spell it?) Anyway nothing will wipe off this, and it looked darker in the showroom! I have 3 boys, all are banned from the living room!

Ouch!! Good luck with that one mate :eek:

tiredwithtwins Mar 9th 2005 6:45 pm

WHITE SUEDE!?!?!?!?!?!?
WITH 3 BOYS (4 IF YOU COUNT THE HUBBY!)..?!?!?!?!?!?!

....ARE YOU MAD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

hehe.....only kidding - id try and get as many throws over that as you can!!
We have a cream coloured sofa (fabric) and even scotch-guarded they look abysmal after only 18 months!

sue :D

hilary6 Mar 9th 2005 6:48 pm

Keep the plastic on!!!!!

Anastasia Beaverhausen Mar 9th 2005 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by hilary6
Keep the plastic on!!!!!

LOL, I was just about to say the same thing.

I'm sure the sofa is lovely, but you are a nutter!!! :scared: ;) :D

Perthforme Mar 9th 2005 6:56 pm

Well only one thing for it get a bucket of mud, chuck it over the sofas and get on with life ;)

glittababe Mar 9th 2005 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Well only one thing for it get a bucket of mud, chuck it over the sofas and get on with life ;)

Ahh well 7 hours after delivery and kids have already christened it! I made them sit on towels, wash hands, faces and basically not move! My little lad even changed from his dark jeans into light pj's for the priviledge! Have now tucked sofas up for night and locked the door! You may have joked but I asked the delievery guys for the plastic wrapping!!!

Sue2 Mar 9th 2005 8:57 pm

Your brave ;) the care guide is a classic...you`ll all have to learn to hover about 5 inches :D

We had a cream leather and dark jeans is a definite NO NO we had one person sit on ours once and left a blue patch on it :eek:

I bet it looks good though!!

Sue