Car Tax

Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Yiddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Tax

Hi,

I'm still trying to get figures together so I have a good idea of what to expect when/if we arrive in Perth. Can anyone tell me the cost of car tax in the western state?

Thanks,
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car Tax

we have just had to get Rego for our car. We are in NSW so not sure what rules/difference there is. The green slip cost $328 and the pink slip cost $31. All together with the blue slip it cost $741 for the year.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

think it depends on the actual car as having upgraded from a terios to a crv my rego is slightly more...

just had my renewal last week - 12 months will be $450.30
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Josie1100
we have just had to get Rego for our car. We are in NSW so not sure what rules/difference there is. The green slip cost $328 and the pink slip cost $31. All together with the blue slip it cost $741 for the year.
Stupid question but can you please explain to me what all the different coloured slips are for. I know you will find this a stupid question but I will never find out if I don't ask.

Sorry for being so blonde, but I really was born this way lolol.

Thanks in anticipation Lou (the blonde bimbo) xxxx
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Stupid question but can you please explain to me what all the different coloured slips are for. I know you will find this a stupid question but I will never find out if I don't ask.

Sorry for being so blonde, but I really was born this way lolol.

Thanks in anticipation Lou (the blonde bimbo) xxxx
Don't worry. It's a NSW thing. We don't have them in Vic so we don't know what they are either.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Car Tax

I don't think we even had coloured slips in WA. Just a boring white one.

We used to DREAM of coloured slips...

Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I don't think we even had coloured slips in WA. Just a boring white one.

We used to DREAM of coloured slips...

Beware. The slips may be greener but they're more expensive.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Car Tax

It's the dreaded "green tax" we keep hearing about!

Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi again,

Are all these slips a form of car tax, insurance and MOT then.

Sorry again for being a dumb blonde but seriously can't help it and would rather know now than if we get to Oz and get stumped with another unexpected bill.

Thanks again.

Lou xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Lou

I highly recommend a copy of Living and Working in Australia by David Hampshire.
The book goes through the ins and outs of just about everything you will need to get through day to day life in Oz. When I get there it's going to be my most treasured possession!
It includes a chapter on the different coloured slips for the car (buying and selling) in the different states as well as details on insurance, advice on telephone companies, how the medical system works.

The price on the back is £14.95 but I am sure I got it cheaper on Play.com.

It's more of a reference book than one to read from cover to cover but I think you will find it useful.

Charlene
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Hi again,

Sorry again for being a dumb blonde but seriously can't help it and would rather know now than if we get to Oz and get stumped with another unexpected bill.

Thanks again.

Lou xx
Have a look here http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...insurance.html

Remember that the above is for NSW.

In Vic you just get one rego bill the size of which will depend on where you live as it contains 3rd party person insurance but is around $500 this year.

Have you decided on a state yet? Maybe the people from that state can give you more info.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yiddo
Hi,

I'm still trying to get figures together so I have a good idea of what to expect when/if we arrive in Perth. Can anyone tell me the cost of car tax in the western state?

Thanks,
Just renewed for 12 months on a old Fairmont ghia (basically a Granada)

licence fee $180.50

Insurance $214.18

GST on insurance $21.42

stamp duty on insurance $23.55

recording fee $10.65

Total $450.30,I haven't checked their maths.

The insurance is third party,it DOES NOT cover property damage,only medical costs.That was paid on 21/3/08,4 litre 6 cylinder.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,

Thanks again.

Lou xx

Hi Lou, in Adelaide there are no different coloured slips. All you are required to have is your rego - that's about $650 per year and includes Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance which covers you for injury to another person if you have an accident. You can also get insurance for your car and other people's car in an accident but you don't have to have it. Neither do you have to have a MOT although it's wise to keep on top of your car maintenance if you can anyway. Hope that helps
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:00 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

what about Qld, anyone?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
what about Qld, anyone?
Looks like you need the safety cert: http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...otor_vehicles/

Last edited by Wendy; Mar 29th 2008 at 11:09 am. Reason: What???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.