car seats

Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default car seats

Hi can any one help. Had my 6 month baby weighed today, and was told by my health visitor that he is to big for his car seat. Have looked online for new car seat. Which then got me thinking we are hoping to get to oz in march next year. Will car rental over there provide car seats for young toddlers, until we can buy one of our own.

Stacey xxx
Old Mar 15th 2006, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car seats

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi can any one help. Had my 6 month baby weighed today, and was told by my health visitor that he is to big for his car seat. Have looked online for new car seat. Which then got me thinking we are hoping to get to oz in march next year. Will car rental over there provide car seats for young toddlers, until we can buy one of our own.

Stacey xxx

Yes, we booked a car through Hertz and they gave us a child seat. Just enquire on booking. They should fit it for you too, although ours fitted it wrong and we did it ourselves later on.

Also, as long as he's sitting up, he could use one of the lightweight polystyrene Super Cruiser ones, which you could take as luggage. Just check it in at the desk - weighs nothing, uses a normal seat belt.

The seats in Aus are a bit different as they have 'capsules' for very young children... but the older ones are pretty much the same as we have. You can get them at ToysRUs and other child places.

There are hire companies for children's equipment in local areas. Flick through the internet or phone book. Usually run by women who've had their babies and have heaps of this stuff.

HTH;.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:06 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Car seats another great expense. We found out that our new ones could not be taken across. Thats 4 x £200 in 12 months down the gurgle.
1 for daddy, 1 for mummy.
Unfortuately we had new car seat in boot when wife wrote off the car. Had just been picked up and was going to be fitted that afternoon!!!!

Do they only take into consideration weight or does height also come in to the equation? Its just our daughter is already well over 98cm in height at 27 months but is still at 75% quartile for weight.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thebears
Car seats another great expense. We found out that our new ones could not be taken across. Thats 4 x £200 in 12 months down the gurgle.
1 for daddy, 1 for mummy.
Unfortuately we had new car seat in boot when wife wrote off the car. Had just been picked up and was going to be fitted that afternoon!!!!

Do they only take into consideration weight or does height also come in to the equation? Its just our daughter is already well over 98cm in height at 27 months but is still at 75% quartile for weight.
It's weight, bears. You have to think about velocity at the bottom line.... If they're heavier they need the bigger seat etc...

Why can't you take your new ones? Aren't they Aus approved?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:15 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
It's weight, bears. You have to think about velocity at the bottom line.... If they're heavier they need the bigger seat etc...

Why can't you take your new ones? Aren't they Aus approved?
According to BMW UK and Australia we have to get new seats the European variant dont meet their standards. When we looked at importing our cars the agent also advised us that the car seats would not be allowed in.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

According to BMW UK and Australia we have to get new seats the European variant dont meet their standards. When we looked at importing our cars the agent also advised us that the car seats would not be allowed in.
That's pants isn't it!

I've seen some capsule seats in Aus and you wonder how kids are alive. Some of them are terrible.
I've seen new ones last year in ToysRUs and they look just like ours. Such silliness.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

That's pants isn't it!

I've seen some capsule seats in Aus and you wonder how kids are alive. Some of them are terrible.
I've seen new ones last year in ToysRUs and they look just like ours. Such silliness.

The difference is that the Australian ones have to be bolted to the car as well as being fitted in with the seatbelt. It is a bummer having to buy new ones over here I agree.

Rudi
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rudi
The difference is that the Australian ones have to be bolted to the car as well as being fitted in with the seatbelt. It is a bummer having to buy new ones over here I agree.

Rudi

The Hertz one wasn't bolted in. It had a strap which went over the back of the seat and attached with a clip (like a rock climbing type clip) to a bolt in the boot... but yeah, that's a good point... I'd forgotten aobut the bolt.
I guess I'll wait until I'm in Aus before I get a new seat...
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thank you for your feed back. Just been looking at toys r us in Australia at car seats me and my husband have decided to buy a cheap one here just to get us through until next year, and when we get over there then buy a longer lasting car seat/booster.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:49 pm
Melbourne Australia

Rudi
All mine were Istronic or what ever that bolt directly into the chassis.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:23 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

All mine were Istronic or what ever that bolt directly into the chassis.
I think you mean the ISOFIX system. We bought a seat with that for our Toyota in the UK, but the only car we could find here with it was the Holden (Vauhall) Zafira (although we may have missed some others?).

Unfortunately they have stopped bringing the Zafira into Oz now, so can only buy 2nd hand.

Anyway, we brought our seat over from the uk and attached the tether to a ready-installed clip in the boot - makes the seat rock solid, does not move a bit!
Our opinion was that as UK/Euro standards are really stingent, and as long as we attached the tether to the car (as is law in Aus), we were happy.

Steve
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

The Hertz one wasn't bolted in. It had a strap which went over the back of the seat and attached with a clip (like a rock climbing type clip) to a bolt in the boot... but yeah, that's a good point... I'd forgotten aobut the bolt.
I guess I'll wait until I'm in Aus before I get a new seat...
That is the thing I meant - they call it a bolt, but as you say - it's a strap which goes and either attaches to a clip in the boot or on the back parcel shelf (which has been reinforced).

To 'the bears'

That sounds like a really safe system. I guess that it's just a different system over here and that's all they will approve you for.

Rudi
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I'm a bit confused about booster seat for older children. My girls are 8 & 5 (and are both the same height ) and the booster seats I have for them can be bought in Aus (and I mean the exact same design/colour/manufacturer) and as booster seats can't be bolted in, is it ok just to bring ours?
Tracey
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I'm a bit confused about booster seat for older children. My girls are 8 & 5 (and are both the same height ) and the booster seats I have for them can be bought in Aus (and I mean the exact same design/colour/manufacturer) and as booster seats can't be bolted in, is it ok just to bring ours?
Tracey

Booster seats from the UK are fine in Australia. It's only the ones with their own separate harnesses that have to have the bolt system.

Rudi
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Booster seats from the UK are fine in Australia. It's only the ones with their own separate harnesses that have to have the bolt system.

Rudi
Excellent, thankyou .
Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.