Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car rental in Sydney and then Perth

Car rental in Sydney and then Perth

Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

cbms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car rental in Sydney and then Perth

We are due to arrive in Sydney on the 29th March for a week then on to Perth for another week, I just wanted to know if anyone can make any recommendations for car hire, ideally hoping to pick up from the International arrivals and drop off at domestic arrivals and the same with Perth only the opposite way round.

Also if anyone knows of any good things to do with 7 and 4 year old girls in both areas that would be most welcome as well.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car rental in Sydney and then Perth

Have a look at travelsupermarket.com as I found they usually have good deals on. Plus you will get cashback through quidco if you have an account.

As for things to do in Perth with the girls well, Caversham wildlife park is a good place where they can meet and feed the kangaroos. Lots of other wildlife there too plus you can take a picnic and your swimmers and head to the park at the carpark. All part of whiteman park.

There is the zoo.

Adventure world.

Beach

Museum

Kings Park - great playground

Aquarium and Hillarys
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Kingseat for your info - all this sort of info helps to do things for the kids. Any ideas on nice suburbs that we can take a drive through and get a feel for , I knwo this is all subjective been that everyone liks differint areas but it will just give us an idea of places to start.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Is this to rent or to buy? Also, do you want something brand new(ish) or something older in a more established area?

Is this just for your week or for a potential move?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Idealy we would want to rent in the area we are looking to buy, but right now it is just a reccie trip so the idea is to get a feel for all areas, I think the other half would prefer a more estabished area, however I am pretty easy happy to go to a nice up and coming place.

This is just our potential move we have all our accomodation sorted now for the reccie trip, but for the move fingers crossed the end of this year we just want to get the chance to look at areas.

as I said I know it is a difficult question to answer but starting points are what I am looking for right now so we can drive around go for a wander etc.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

EyeOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Is this to rent or to buy? Also, do you want something brand new(ish) or something older in a more established area?

Is this just for your week or for a potential move?
Have you tried http://www.carhire.com.au/. There are few other car fare compare sites too. You can reserve a car before you arrive (so you can make a choice), or even hire a car at airport (you will have few choices).

It compares top rents from top car rentals. Avialable Australia Wide.
Avis, Budget, Hertz, EuropCar, Thrifty, Red Sport
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

This is the immigration forum, for matters pertaining to the immigration process

You might get a wider range of answers if you asked the mods to move your thread to the barbie, most people in here are not in Australia and would not have a clue about car rental.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Ah right okay my apologies - I just thought that others might be going through the same process for reccie trips to get their visas verified - if the moderator could move this where they feel fit that will be most welcome
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:53 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I've moved this thread to the main Aus forum.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

The cheapest car hire place in sydney is usually bayswater car rental (www.nobirds.com.au) but they are near Kings Cross rather than the airport.

Where are you staying in Sydney as if you are in the CBD you may be unable to get a car space or could be charged a reasonable amount a day. Depending on where you are planning to go you may be better off using public transport and the odd taxi.

For what to do in Sydney, I would say the zoo, the botanical gardens (best towards the end of the day when the bats start waking up) and the beach (Manly with a ferry ride)