Reload this Page >

Car Rental Excess - please advise

Car Rental Excess - please advise

Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car Rental Excess - please advise

Originally Posted by MrsE
Yeah - terrible really when you consider alot of people don't even look into their policies in that much detail and end up being ripped off!

We will probably go for the excess cover. Hope you have a good trip too! We are also going to Queensland (Goldcoast) and Sydney whilst over there but have rellies (now there's an aussie word!) who are going to lend us a car! When are you going and for how long etc?
Flying to Brisbane on 24th March. Then travelling up to Budaberg for a couple of nights, then on to Rockhampton, then to Yeppoon over the Easter weekend, back down to Hervey Bay and the end up in Gold Coast for 4 nights before flying home from Brisbane on 11th April. Wanted to see as much as we can whilst there, therefore the hire car was essential.

Where about in Gold Coast are you staying - we are going to be in Broadbeach. Kids wanted to visit theme parks etc.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Car Rental Excess - please advise

Thanks All - I have just found a company called Northside Rentals in Perth which offer a medium sized car for around $30 a day which is obviously much cheaper. The excess is only $1000 and can be taken down to $500 by paying $5 a day. They also only charge $2 a day for boosters as apposed to $7! What a difference in price from that of the big boys! Fingers crossed they're not a bunch of cowboys when we get out there.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Flying to Brisbane on 24th March. Then travelling up to Budaberg for a couple of nights, then on to Rockhampton, then to Yeppoon over the Easter weekend, back down to Hervey Bay and the end up in Gold Coast for 4 nights before flying home from Brisbane on 11th April. Wanted to see as much as we can whilst there, therefore the hire car was essential.

Where about in Gold Coast are you staying - we are going to be in Broadbeach. Kids wanted to visit theme parks etc.
where ya stayin in Yeppoon?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BigH68
where ya stayin in Yeppoon?
We are staying at Villa Mar Colina (Adelaide Street).

I've seen some good reviews on it.......So looking forward to getting there
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

They are lovely apartments...look right over the ocean. Very quiet area of town nice stroll down to town but a bit of a bugger of a hill to walk back up
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey if your around Hervey Bay and fancy a beer, ok, or coffee give us a shout.
Angela
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:28 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed there. Bit of a hike (though a short one) up hill but I'm sure it is by far the best accommodation in Yeppoon. We had 3bed thing with enormous balcony.

Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the comments on the Villa Mar Colina. It did sound lovely when we read about it and we wanted somewhere really special over the Easter Weekend. Obviously its popular on here too......

Angela - we are in Hervey Bay arrive on 6th (but only staying for the one day/night) then onto Gold Coast. We are staying at the Green Motel Hervey Bay (The Esplanade) so if you are anywhere close by would love to meet up for a drink.

To be honest it would be lovely to meet up with people who have already made the move to hear your stories....
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the comments on the Villa Mar Colina. It did sound lovely when we read about it and we wanted somewhere really special over the Easter Weekend. Obviously its popular on here too......

Angela - we are in Hervey Bay arrive on 6th (but only staying for the one day/night) then onto Gold Coast. We are staying at the Green Motel Hervey Bay (The Esplanade) so if you are anywhere close by would love to meet up for a drink.

To be honest it would be lovely to meet up with people who have already made the move to hear your stories....
give us a shout we will be up fir a bevvy lol
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BigH68
give us a shout we will be up fir a bevvy lol
Hi will probably take you up on that offer.... - have PM'd you (I think - or I may have emailed???)
Old Mar 21st 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi will probably take you up on that offer.... - have PM'd you (I think - or I may have emailed???)
Cant wait to meet up with you guys, we love helping people wo may like tp move to our local area....safe trip over guys and see ya at Easter xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Also a tip I warn as many people about as possible ... if you want to use a debit card (eftpos / switch) then you will be charged up front the bond and the excess - regardless of a claim.

Same applies to visa debit cards (much to my annoyance). Car hire is one of the most challenging industries on my patience ... I think I'd sooner buy a car in future than hire after a particularly bad experience with a company in Cairns. Shockingly rude and bad customer service but I'll stop there before I go badly off topic!

Good luck - it looks by everyone elses comments that there are some good deals out there.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Brills, see you in Hoolihans at 5pm, best pint of guiness in the bay!!

Angela
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cookster
Brills, see you in Hoolihans at 5pm, best pint of guiness in the bay!!

Angela
we will be meetin them first so if they r arses we will let you know and you can run....lmao only joking guys
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi

We are off on our reccie in less than 2 weeks and still haven't organised our car rental in Perth!!! It seems that every company I look up has horrendous Excesses! Anyone know of a good car rental company that doesn't have a huge excess please let me know as I really need to get this booked.

Thanks
look at www.drivenow.com.au and go for the cover that reduces your excess to zero, it usually doubles your rental fee but gives you peace of mind. that's what we do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.