British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Car Rental Companies in Perth? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/car-rental-companies-perth-711082/)

debs1966 Mar 27th 2011 9:44 pm

Car Rental Companies in Perth?

Hi

Can anybody please recommend a car rental company we are due out in Perth in August and will be staying Currambine area.

Many thanks

Debbie:)

travelling_annie Mar 28th 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Car Rental Companies in Perth?

I have found Bayswater to be the best value in the past. We are heading out next week and paying less than £200 for 8 days for a corolla.

Only downside is they don't have an airport depot.

eddie007 Mar 28th 2011 1:04 pm

No Birds... You can collect and drop off at the airport... Called No Birds coz they used to have a shop below a brothel and got sick of saying no mate we dont do no birds....

EvannTel Mar 28th 2011 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by travelling_annie (Post 9269281)
I have found Bayswater to be the best value in the past. We are heading out next week and paying less than £200 for 8 days for a corolla.

Only downside is they don't have an airport depot.

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9269372)
No Birds... You can collect and drop off at the airport... Called No Birds coz they used to have a shop below a brothel and got sick of saying no mate we dont do no birds....

Same company? No birds is the advertising tagline of Bayswater. Didnt know you could pick up at airport though.
I'd also recommend them.

eddie007 Mar 28th 2011 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by EvannTel (Post 9269408)
Same company? No birds is the advertising tagline of Bayswater. Didnt know you could pick up at airport though.
I'd also recommend them.

Yup....

travelling_annie Mar 28th 2011 3:29 pm

Definitely the same company.

You can pick up at the airport? How do you organise that, must have missed it on the website?

Thanks

irishbloo Mar 28th 2011 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by travelling_annie (Post 9269653)
Definitely the same company.

You can pick up at the airport? How do you organise that, must have missed it on the website?

Thanks

My husband said that he didnt know that he could have picked up birds at the airport.He is now saying that he would have considered trading me in as soon as we got through customs.

sallybee May 4th 2011 1:25 pm

I've heard Mindarie car hire are pretty cheap. A taxi from the airport would cost about $80/90 to Currambine, more for a larger taxi. There's sometimes a queue but it moves pretty quick.

sooperlids May 4th 2011 8:01 pm

We are using Mindarie , was a bit put off initially as they have a 100km mileage limit on their web site. Emailed to ask what excess would be & was told it was unlimited for poms. And a free sat nav to use as well. :thumbsup: