Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Paint Protection - Is It Worth It?

Car Paint Protection - Is It Worth It?

Old May 20th 2012, 8:16 am
Just Joined

The Wella Fella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Paint Protection - Is It Worth It?

Have just purchased a new Toyota Kluger and been offered 'Enviroshield Paint Protection' have any of you had this done to your car and is it really worth the $1400 they are asking???
Will be looking to keep the car long term, but unsure if it is worth the dollars??

Appreciate your feedback guys
Old May 20th 2012, 8:20 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Paint Protection - Is It Worth It?

I doubt it.
Old May 20th 2012, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Those kinds of things is where the dealers really make the money. It's usually cheaper to look elsewhere once you have the car for things like this, and other things like window tinting etc.
Old May 20th 2012, 8:25 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Wella Fella
Have just purchased a new Toyota Kluger and been offered 'Enviroshield Paint Protection' have any of you had this done to your car and is it really worth the $1400 they are asking???
Will be looking to keep the car long term, but unsure if it is worth the dollars??

would you really pay some one 1400 bucks to wax your motor?

another sham is the "rust resistant undercoating" when i bought my car they tried there hardest to get me to do it for only 800 bucks,
special offer mate only this month
Old May 20th 2012, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Those kinds of things is where the dealers really make the money. It's usually cheaper to look elsewhere once you have the car for things like this, and other things like window tinting etc.
I've googled and got mixed reviews, to be honest would look elsewhere but i cant be arsed if you know what i mean.
Would really like to know if anyone has had it done and if they feel it works??
Old May 20th 2012, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Toyota surely know how to paint and apply a suitable finishing coat to their vehicles and don't need the help of an Australian car dealer and I have also heard stories of this paint protection when applied to a dark coloured car completely ruining it with scratches and swirls.

Get the windows tinted at the best price you can and forget the other dubious add ons.

If getting finance at the dealer watch out for the origination fee which you would be foolish to pay.
Old May 20th 2012, 8:40 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
would you really pay some one 1400 bucks to wax your motor?

another sham is the "rust resistant undercoating" when i bought my car they tried there hardest to get me to do it for only 800 bucks,
special offer mate only this month
Useful if you live in a very cold and snowy climate, not so much anywhere else.
Old May 20th 2012, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neil248
Toyota surely know how to paint and apply a suitable finishing coat to their vehicles and don't need the help of an Australian car dealer and I have also heard stories of this paint protection when applied to a dark coloured car completely ruining it with scratches and swirls.

Get the windows tinted at the best price you can and forget the other dubious add ons.

If getting finance at the dealer watch out for the origination fee which you would be foolish to pay.
Cheers Neil
I am getting the 'waste of money vibe', seems like a good chamois and polish with a bit of elbow grease is the best (and cheapest) option. To be honest, to get away from the wife for a couple of hours and listen to a few tunes and polish the car sounds like a good option, especially this time of year in QLD
Old May 20th 2012, 8:53 am

Cheers Neil
I am getting the 'waste of money vibe', seems like a good chamois and polish with a bit of elbow grease is the best (and cheapest) option. To be honest, to get away from the wife for a couple of hours and listen to a few tunes and polish the car sounds like a good option, especially this time of year in QLD
That too
Old May 20th 2012, 9:30 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

I had it applied to my Jeep when I bought it in 2007 (not at that price though - it helps when your wife works for a car dealer and knows the aftermarket sales girl) and after a good wash it still shines up well even though I've never waxed it, so maybe the paint protection does work. Doesn't stop all the pinstriping from driving through bush tracks lined with lantana though!
Old May 20th 2012, 9:44 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

It was on our ex demo car when we bought it in 2004......it stayed looking good for a good few years with using only water to wash it down.

$1,400 does sound a bit steep though.

Jan
Old May 21st 2012, 12:02 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

How much is a new Kluger ?? Mega $$$$$...

I would be saying to the salesman "if your tryin to sell me paint protection on a $50,000 + car, maybe i should be buying a different car !!! coz your paint obviously sucks.

Our first new car here we had it put on, and the 1st dollop of bat s#@t ate right through to the metal. I am really anal about keeping the cars clean and it was removed within 12 hrs...obviously went back to the dealers, and they were really reluctant to give me a refund on the protection even though it did'nt do what it says !!!!!

Buy some Autoglm polish, a couple of coats a year and you'll be laughing, about $1370 cheaper and will do a better job
Old May 21st 2012, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Not worth it, As someone has mentioned Toyota think their paint dosen't need it unless they are using an inferior paint, Same as upholstery protection just buy a can of Scotch Guard and save about $500, Its true this is where the salesman get a huge chunk of their commission from.....

John
Old May 21st 2012, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

As some one has pointed out you are handed over to the aftermarket sales girl. She is trying to get several hundred dollars off you and you still get to see down her unbuttoned blouse even if you don't buy what she is peddling.
Old May 21st 2012, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neil248
As some one has pointed out you are handed over to the aftermarket sales girl. She is trying to get several hundred dollars off you and you still get to see down her unbuttoned blouse even if you don't buy what she is peddling.
I think i would rather have been sniffing the paint protector, the blouse was thankfully buttoned up, they need to stop employing seniors for the aftermarket job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.