Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Mechanics For Perth:-Medicals, Flights, Visa's, Tools shipped ALL PAID!

Wikiposts

Car Mechanics For Perth:-Medicals, Flights, Visa's, Tools shipped ALL PAID!

Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:06 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Mechanics For Perth:-Medicals, Flights, Visa's, Tools shipped ALL PAID!

Hello all you Motor Vehicle Technicians.

This is the second time I have posted a similar message in the past few months. It is a very genuine post and I have to say that I would NOT be sitting in this house, one street back from the beach in Perth, if it wasn't for this job offer which I (thankfully) accepted.

My employer is without doubt the largest motoring organisation in Western Australia and have vacancies RIGHT NOW for 9 Motor Vehicle Technicians. If you are thinking about making the move to Western Australia, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you.

I did not personally have enough skills points to obtain a visa due to a break in my career, yet with sponsorship from my employer I was able to get a visa. If there are others out there in a similar position, or have the points and like the idea of a new life 'Down-Under', then this could be an ideal opportunity for you!

All the medicals and visa's for the family are paid for.
The (return) air fare is paid (for the Motor Vehicle technician).
There is a tool allowance so that your tools can be air freighted over.
You will be picked up from the airport and given a few nights in a hotel when you arrive.
If you have some where to stay, they'll probably give you a hire car, just so you can get organised.

In the first instance, you will be granted a subclass 457 Visa, which for those who don't know, is a temporary work visa which will be valid for 5 years.
The contract to the company will be for 2 years.
If you decide to leave the companies employment within 1 year, you will have to pay back the costs of the visa's and flights.
If you leave employment within 2 years, you will have to pay back the cost of the flight.

I arrived in January 2006 and the process for Permanent Residency has already begun, which the company will sponsor me and my family to obtain. There are details still to be arranged, but it's great to know that we will get PR after such a short time.

The employer is first class to work for with Super Annuation (pension). Well equipped workshops, locations through out Perth and even Mandurah.
The department you will be employed in is fast evolving and promotions are definitely available,for the right candidates.
The work is basic servicing & repairs of all types of cars and 4X4's. A few clutches and timing belts, that sort of thing. We don't do engine/gearbox rebuilds.

The Executive Manager is about to head over to the UK on a recruiting campaign, so if you have doubts and worries you can at least wait to meet with him in person if you want to learn more, or take the plunge and get over here now.... which is what I did.

If you want to learn more, just send me an message and I'll try and help and I can then put you in contact with the person in charge of recruiting, who will answer all your questions.

Hope to hear for you!
Neil.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Mechanics For Perth:-Medicals, Flights, Visa's, Tools shipped ALL PAID!

Nice job mate. I'm sure your news will please plenty of spanner-chuckers back in the UK.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:21 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car Mechanics For Perth:-Medicals, Flights, Visa's, Tools shipped ALL PAID!

Originally Posted by h2oskineil

This is the second time I have posted a similar message in the past few months. It is a very genuine post and I have to say that I would NOT be sitting in this house, one street back from the beach in Perth, if it wasn't for this job offer which I (thankfully) accepted.

My employer is without doubt the largest motoring organisation in Western Australia and have vacancies RIGHT NOW for 9 Motor Vehicle Technicians. If you are thinking about making the move to Western Australia, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you.

I did not personally have enough skills points to obtain a visa due to a break in my career, yet with sponsorship from my employer I was able to get a visa. If there are others out there in a similar position, or have the points and like the idea of a new life 'Down-Under', then this could be an ideal opportunity for you!

You will be picked up from the airport and given a few nights in a hotel when you arrive.
If you have some where to stay, they'll probably give you a hire car, just so you can get organised.

In the first instance, you will be granted a subclass 457 Visa, which for those who don't know, is a temporary work visa which will be valid for 5 years.
If you decide to leave the companies employment within 1 year, you will have to pay back the costs of the visa's and flights.
If you leave employment within 2 years, you will have to pay back the cost of the flight.

I arrived in January 2006 and the process for Permanent Residency has already begun, which the company will sponsor me and my family to obtain. There are details still to be arranged, but it's great to know that we will get PR after such a short time.

The employer is first class to work for with Super Annuation (pension). Well equipped workshops, locations through out Perth and even Mandurah.
The department you will be employed in is fast evolving and promotions are definitely available,for the right candidates.
The work is basic servicing & repairs of all types of cars and 4X4's. A few clutches and timing belts, that sort of thing. We don't do engine/gearbox rebuilds.

The Executive Manager is about to head over to the UK on a recruiting campaign, so if you have doubts and worries you can at least wait to meet with him in person if you want to learn more, or take the plunge and get over here now.... which is what I did.

If you want to learn more, just send me an message and I'll try and help and I can then put you in contact with the person in charge of recruiting, who will answer all your questions.

Hope to hear for you!
Neil.

Hi Neal I have sent you a PM

Martin
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Hi Neal I have sent you a PM

Martin
Can you say how much the wage is? I know someone how would love to go
Lorri
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:46 am
Merc Tech

REGGIE has a spectacular aura aboutREGGIE has a spectacular aura aboutREGGIE has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Car Mechanics For Perth:-Medicals, Flights, Visa's, Tools shipped ALL PAID!

Originally Posted by h2oskineil

Hope to hear for you!
Neil.
Hi Neil i have already got my skilled visa and i am a Mercedes-Benz systems Technician does your employer have any sites in Victoria. I have aready made contact with a couple of dealers but keeping my options open. I have just put my house on the market. Hope i am not wasting your time many thanks Ian
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:27 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by REGGIE
Hi Neil i have already got my skilled visa and i am a Mercedes-Benz systems Technician does your employer have any sites in Victoria. I have aready made contact with a couple of dealers but keeping my options open. I have just put my house on the market. Hope i am not wasting your time many thanks Ian
Thanks for all the PM's, keep them coming as there a lots of jobs up for grabs!! :-)