Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

car mechanic in brisbane

car mechanic in brisbane

Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future
Default car mechanic in brisbane

hi does anybody know how much mechanics earn in the brisbane area? thanks karen and rob
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:24 am
Brian

3 LIONS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car mechanic in brisbane

Hey there.......
I am a mechanic in the Brisbane area and sorry to say the pay is crap compared to all the other trades so no different from the UK really lol....
Expect from as little as $17 hr to $25 hr.

Diesel mechanics get a lot more approx $50 k a year and upwards....

Hope this helps.....
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future

hi brian thanks for that information guess i will be trying to go for a diesal mechanics job then as there is a lot of difference in the pay is there a lot of vacancies going?do they understand that it takes a while for your tools to be shipped over thanks rob and karen
Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:48 am
Brian

3 LIONS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rob / Karen
Theres heaps of jobs for mechanics at the moment. I spent 6 months in the UK last year and when I got back to Brisbane was offered 3 jobs on my first day of looking. So you wont have an issue finding work.
Im sure employers will be very understanding with your tools having to be shipped over.

Good Luck with the move ..

Will have to go for a beer if your settling on the Northside
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

hi brian thanks for info on jobs prospects sounds good
we stayed in clear mount in may last year not far from aspley
which we liked lots we hope to move somewhere around that area
would be good to meet for a beer
thanks rob & karen
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

hi, OH is a mechanic & there's no shortage of work or jobs
He went for 4 or 5 jobs the first week, just to suss the places out & get an idea of wages etc. He was offered all the jobs, all wanted him to start straight away-with or without tools The manager even borrowed some tools from another garage for him, til his own stuff turned up. So wouldn't worry about any of it.