Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car loans - advice please?

Wikiposts

Car loans - advice please?

Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Car loans - advice please?

Hi All

We arrived in Brisbane/Gold Coast just over 2 weeks ago. I have just got a permanent job offer - 50K per annum - start on Wednesday.

But now REALLY desperate to get a car and don't have the cash to buy one straight out - have maybe $1000 for a deposit. Does anybody have any advice or experience on getting a car loan under these circumstances etc. Ideally the car that we would like to get is around $17000.

Many thanks in advance for all advice.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:57 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Car loans - advice please?

Originally Posted by Teri
Hi All

We arrived in Brisbane/Gold Coast just over 2 weeks ago. I have just got a permanent job offer - 50K per annum - start on Wednesday.

But now REALLY desperate to get a car and don't have the cash to buy one straight out - have maybe $1000 for a deposit. Does anybody have any advice or experience on getting a car loan under these circumstances etc. Ideally the car that we would like to get is around $17000.

Many thanks in advance for all advice.
Have you tried your own bank yet ?

Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Have you tried your own bank yet ?
No - I haven't even gone there yet - just wanted to find out if anybody else managed - as I was under the impression that I would have to wait a few months first? So wanted to know from others if they managed to get a car loan fairly quickly?

Kind Regards
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:07 pm
ABCDiamond

No one else seems to be replying .......

I know people that have got mortgages very quickly, but that has security for the lender, so a car loan may be different.

Has anyone got a loan for a car or similar, in a short time after arriving ?