Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

car insurance - No claims Discount?

car insurance - No claims Discount?

Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Question car insurance - No claims Discount?

We have been posted to several countries in the last 4 years and as a result I don't have any NCD in my own name. We have now bought 2 cars and need to get them insured asap but I'm having trouble doing it online. Some of the companies want to give a combined quote for 2 cars. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am getting tired of typing in the same details time and time again only to be told they can't quote. At this point I just want insurance at a 'reasonable' rate.

So far the lowest quote I have is: $1033 for a 2004 Volvo XC90 (Me) and $285 for a 2001 VW Polo (OH). Is this ok?

Thanks
Galba
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car insurance - No claims Discount?

Originally Posted by galba
We have been posted to several countries in the last 4 years and as a result I don't have any NCD in my own name. We have now bought 2 cars and need to get them insured asap but I'm having trouble doing it online. Some of the companies want to give a combined quote for 2 cars. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am getting tired of typing in the same details time and time again only to be told they can't quote. At this point I just want insurance at a 'reasonable' rate.

So far the lowest quote I have is: $1033 for a 2004 Volvo XC90 (Me) and $285 for a 2001 VW Polo (OH). Is this ok?

Thanks
Galba
Try Western QBE................ phone and talk to a live person; that way you can negotiate and broker a deal?

We found them to be A-Okay; very reasonable rates and room for negotiation.........a lot cheaper than other mobs.............. plus you get a no claims bonus that lasts forever even if you have a prang; or several prangs as was the case with us?