Reload this Page >

Car insurance -help wanted

Car insurance -help wanted

Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:04 am
Just Joined

hairspray is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Car insurance -help wanted

hello
we're about to buy our 1st car in oz & want to know where to go for car insurance- cheapest, best & least painful to deal with

thanks
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Car insurance -help wanted

i found bingle.com.au to be the cheapest!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairspray
hello
we're about to buy our 1st car in oz & want to know where to go for car insurance- cheapest, best & least painful to deal with

thanks
We're with Allianz. They gave me a good price and a discount for 1) clean driving record in my home country and 2) bundling my home and auto policies. 131 000 for Allianz.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We're with Allianz. They gave me a good price and a discount for 1) clean driving record in my home country and 2) bundling my home and auto policies. 131 000 for Allianz.
But Allianz class you as a new driver for the first 2 years on your Aussie licence so if you make a claim you have to pay that excess too.

Insurance here is the same as the UK where different companies will give quotes dependent on their insurance numbers and claims in an area.

Go into google.com.au and type car insurance then get online quotes from the companies that do online quotes
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
But Allianz class you as a new driver for the first 2 years on your Aussie licence so if you make a claim you have to pay that excess too.

Insurance here is the same as the UK where different companies will give quotes dependent on their insurance numbers and claims in an area.

Go into google.com.au and type car insurance then get online quotes from the companies that do online quotes
They didn't class me as a new driver. I brought my letter from Canada showing that I had no claims for the past 10 years and took that as proof that I was an experienced driver.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
They didn't class me as a new driver. I brought my letter from Canada showing that I had no claims for the past 10 years and took that as proof that I was an experienced driver.
Check the policy wording around excesses due at claim time, they don't tell you this directly when you take out the policy and will quite happily take previous experience and insurance history into account when calculating premiums.

A quick look at their Sure Cover Gold PDS on the web states

"d. Inexperienced driver excess
You will need to pay the inexperienced driver excess shown on your current schedule in addition to the basic excess payable if you make a claim for an accident when your vehicle was being driven by a driver over the age of 25 who has not held an Australian driver’s licence for more than 2 years."
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:56 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Suncorp were not the absolute cheapest but offered by far the best coverage in terms of benefit to policy cost. Have been with them for years for car and home insurance and very happy. Especially when I drove my car into my own wall......
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:41 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairspray
hello

thanks
We went with Allianz. Best deal that we were able to find.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Had brilliant service from both NRMA and RACQ. Neither were the highest quotes and NRMA were the best value for my 16 year old daughter.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been with NRMA and GIO. No complaints with either.

Premiums will obviously depend on where you live, type of car, age of drivers etc. etc.

We did not have to provide any proof of NCD with either company. Just took my word on how many claim free years we had had.

Who do you have your Contents insurance/CTP with? Lots of the insurers offer multi policy discounts.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sal1705

We did not have to provide any proof of NCD with either company. Just took my word on how many claim free years we had had.
If you had to make a claim, i can guarentee you will have had to provide proof. Oldest trick in the book of getting out of paying claims.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
If you had to make a claim, i can guarentee you will have had to provide proof. Oldest trick in the book of getting out of paying claims.
I have made 2 claims with GIO. No proof of NCD requested.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

hairspray is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Car insurance -help wanted

thanks for all the advice will look @ them all