Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car insurance, can we transfer no claims bonus?

Car insurance, can we transfer no claims bonus?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:45 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car insurance, can we transfer no claims bonus?

Just had a thought whether there are insurance companies who you can tranfer your no claims bonus too are any where in QLD please.
Im not botheredas ive only yr, but the missus has oodles on hers about 20 i think.

any feedback great as its one of those elusive questions we are contemplating in our final year here

al and clare
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:51 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car insurance, can we transfer no claims bonus?

Moneypen posted on my Piggy Bank forum that you can indeed transfer your no claims bonus, not sure if it's only certain companies that do it though...
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hubby was awarded rating 1 for life from Aami, which I think means they must have accepted his previous no claims bonus.

HTH
Katie
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

I'm with RACV and transferred mine i didn't even need to show them any proof, even though i had letter with me just in case
Mandy
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We're with the RAC too and they gave us both our full no claims entitlement without seeing any proof. They did ask us if we had proof, and that in the event of an accident, we may be asked to produce it. Before we left the UK we asked our insurers there to provide us with a letter showing entitlement.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:04 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, much appreciated

Is other car insurance relatively the same prices as uk or cheap from what you have experienced.

I know its different cars insurance groups etc, but an ave would be reat , whether people were gasping or smilingh at car quotes as i know that its included in the rego.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:10 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by alkristensen
thanks guys, much appreciated

Is other car insurance relatively the same prices as uk or cheap from what you have experienced.

I know its different cars insurance groups etc, but an ave would be reat , whether people were gasping or smilingh at car quotes as i know that its included in the rego.
Here is an example of one of our Car Insurances:

CTP insurance was $357 and was included in the total annual rego cost of $582.40
Comp insurance was $375, after FULL No Claims Bonus, for a Suzuki Swift.

Note:
CTP insurance only covers for Personal Injury or Death, NOT vehicle or other property damage. NCB is not applicable to this cover.

Proof of NCB was not required, but would be needed BEFORE they pay out on a claim. (I suggest giving them the proof IMMEDIATELY, in case you lose it before you need it)

Try AAMI for a quote for yourself. They gave my wife maximum bonus based on the fact that she had been driving my car, on my insurance, for some years, even though she had never had insurance herself.
www.aami.com.au

Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

You can also do this if you've got AA or RAC car cover. It can be transferred over to RACQ, RACV or AAMI. Not sure about NRMA. I managed to get 9 years with the AA transferred to the RACQ by showing them my AA card from the UK. It gave me a silver card and i then managed to get a discount on my RACQ car insurance.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:22 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

We are with SGI0 and they said we can claim our no claims as long as if we have to make a claim we can prove it.
Jenny