Reload this Page >

Car Insurance In Aus!

Car Insurance In Aus!

Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Sunshine76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Car Insurance In Aus!

Hello

Can anybody shed any light on car insurance in Aus. I am due to move back there next month (am brit born but aussie citizen and finally returning). I have an Aussie driving licence and an English one too. I unfortunately had an accident last month (great timing) and the insurance companies are currently battling it out with regards to whose "at fault". So i was wondering.... if i'm not found at fault will i be able to carry over my No Claims Bonus to Aus with me? If I am found at fault does your UK record/history carry over to Aus??
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance In Aus!

Can any of you immigrants help this citizen please ?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:04 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car Insurance In Aus!

Originally Posted by Sunshine76
Hello

Can anybody shed any light on car insurance in Aus. I am due to move back there next month (am brit born but aussie citizen and finally returning). I have an Aussie driving licence and an English one too. I unfortunately had an accident last month (great timing) and the insurance companies are currently battling it out with regards to whose "at fault". So i was wondering.... if i'm not found at fault will i be able to carry over my No Claims Bonus to Aus with me? If I am found at fault does your UK record/history carry over to Aus??
If you are not at fault it will be "no worries" and yes your no claims will be OK here. We insured with the RAC and they did not require any evidence of no claims and gave us max on our say so, however we did get letters from UK insurers prior to arrival.

Good Luck

Paul J