Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car insurance - additional drivers?

Car insurance - additional drivers?

Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:38 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Question Car insurance - additional drivers?

My mum and dad are coming over next year and we were planning on putting my dad on the insurance for one of the cars. Now, when i looked at my insurance schedule it says "Regular drivers - K McCabe & K McCabe" - me and my hubby. In the UK the insurance schedule said "Insured to drive this vehicle - K McCabe & K McCabe".

So, getting to my point, does this mean that anyone is allowed to (and is insured) to drive my car, or is it like the UK and i would need to phone and get my dad 'put' on my policy?

Any help much appreciated!

Kareena
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Car insurance - additional drivers?

Originally Posted by kar-kier
My mum and dad are coming over next year and we were planning on putting my dad on the insurance for one of the cars. Now, when i looked at my insurance schedule it says "Regular drivers - K McCabe & K McCabe" - me and my hubby. In the UK the insurance schedule said "Insured to drive this vehicle - K McCabe & K McCabe".

So, getting to my point, does this mean that anyone is allowed to (and is insured) to drive my car, or is it like the UK and i would need to phone and get my dad 'put' on my policy?

Any help much appreciated!

Kareena
Can't speak for all insurance companies, so you will need to check your Product Disclosure Statement. With my insurance company, Household members have to be listed on the policy, non household members (which include visitors staying with you) as long as they meet any age restrictions on your policy will be covered, but in the event of a claim additional excesses may apply.

Give your insurance company a ring if you need to and ask the question.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:55 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: Car insurance - additional drivers?

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
Can't speak for all insurance companies, so you will need to check your Product Disclosure Statement. With my insurance company, Household members have to be listed on the policy, non household members (which include visitors staying with you) as long as they meet any age restrictions on your policy will be covered, but in the event of a claim additional excesses may apply.

Give your insurance company a ring if you need to and ask the question.
Thanks, thought I might have to ring them! I hate ringing places, as with a strong Scottish accent, nobody understands me!

Kareena