Car Insurance

Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:27 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough
Default Car Insurance

Is UK insurers proof of No Claims recognised in Oz so tha I dont have to pay through the nose for Car Insurance in Oz?
(Tried searching through threads but couldn't find anything obvious! )
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:55 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by Pam
Is UK insurers proof of No Claims recognised in Oz so tha I dont have to pay through the nose for Car Insurance in Oz?
(Tried searching through threads but couldn't find anything obvious! )
Yes... I believe I'm correct in saying that they believe you when you get the quote but are likely to ask for proof of your no claims entitlement if you need to make a claim... We got full no claims discount off when we insured and were not required to produce the letter from Norwich Union confirming this, however we haven't made a claim yet either... Perhaps someone that has claimed can let us know what happened in their circumstances...

HTH
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:02 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by rodders39
Yes... I believe I'm correct in saying that they believe you when you get the quote but are likely to ask for proof of your no claims entitlement if you need to make a claim... We got full no claims discount off when we insured and were not required to produce the letter from Norwich Union confirming this, however we haven't made a claim yet either... Perhaps someone that has claimed can let us know what happened in their circumstances...

HTH
Phew thanks! That's one thing less to worry about!