Car insurance

Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car insurance

Hi Guy's

Just a quick one.

Right, you land in Aus. and want to get yourself a little run around. Now it's
time to get the dreaded insurance. Will the Aussie insurance companies take
into account your UK no claims bonus, or do you have to start from scratch ? Also, how do the Aussie insurance companies compare to the UK one's ie price, service etc.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:30 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Car insurance

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Hi Guy's

Just a quick one.

into account your UK no claims bonus, or do you have to start from scratch ? Also, how do the Aussie insurance companies compare to the UK one's ie price, service etc.

Cheers

Steve
Ive been told that if you write to your insurance companys in the Uk they will write you a note to say that you have been there customer and that you have no claims etc. This I am told will get you the same no claims in OZ. Pete
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Beachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Ive been told that if you write to your insurance companys in the Uk they will write you a note to say that you have been there customer and that you have no claims etc. This I am told will get you the same no claims in OZ. Pete
Hi we are with Allianz, they took into account our full no claims history and price wise it was cheaper than UK. We were also advised to insure our 2nd car with them too on the same policy as this is cheaper than taking out another policy as you would have in the UK. hope this helps.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:16 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beachbumz
Hi we are with Allianz, they took into account our full no claims history and price wise it was cheaper than UK. We were also advised to insure our 2nd car with them too on the same policy as this is cheaper than taking out another policy as you would have in the UK. hope this helps.
Can you get insurance quotes online before you get there to see what you would be paying? Pete
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get insurance quotes online before you get there to see what you would be paying? Pete
yes, try here
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Beachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura aboutBeachbumz has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure because we rang them via Commonwealth Bank for our quotes, however they do have a website : www.comminsure.com.au (hope that worked!).
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:28 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

They SAY they will do this but then you wait for them to do it and they couldn't give a toss.... YES, DIRECT LINE... I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU! GET YOUR FINGER OUT AND FAX THE DAMN NO CLAIMS TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD WEEKS AGO.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

or for Allianz specifically, try here
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough

A tip for you. Don't use Fortron - they wanted $60 for a change of address.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:14 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guy's

Just a quick one.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve...

I work for one of Oz's largest insurance companies, the company I work for automatically give you the 65% NCD. We also take into account your British driving experience. As for comparsion to the UK, price wise, I found it was cheaper.

Where abouts in the North East are you from?....
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iPom
They SAY they will do this but then you wait for them to do it and they couldn't give a toss.... YES, DIRECT LINE... I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU! GET YOUR FINGER OUT AND FAX THE DAMN NO CLAIMS TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD WEEKS AGO.
If you owe them money they hold it up and will not release it. They tried to say i owed them £7 but after a few phone calls they said my polices were cancelled correctly. This took over 10 weeks to sort out and i had to rearrange my insurance as they took so long i missed the deadline set by my Aussie insurer, and i used to work for direct line. You can carry over your no-claims i had 9 years, the Aussie insurer gave me 5 years and protected it.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:57 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
If you owe them money they hold it up and will not release it. They tried to say i owed them £7 but after a few phone calls they said my polices were cancelled correctly. This took over 10 weeks to sort out and i had to rearrange my insurance as they took so long i missed the deadline set by my Aussie insurer, and i used to work for direct line. You can carry over your no-claims i had 9 years, the Aussie insurer gave me 5 years and protected it.

I don't owe them anything. In fact, they just wrote to tell me they owed me 11 quid!

I will call them, again, tonight. It's a bit tiresome. My deadline has gone by and I am now on full insurance with none of my no-claims taken into account.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb
Hi Steve...

I work for one of Oz's largest insurance companies, the company I work for automatically give you the 65% NCD. We also take into account your British driving experience. As for comparsion to the UK, price wise, I found it was cheaper.

Where abouts in the North East are you from?....
To all, thanks very much for the info, will no doubt save us a few quid on what we were expecting to pay.

Deb, we're still in sunny (true for once) Stakeford, Northumberland.

Steve
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:56 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Hi Guy's

Just a quick one.

Cheers

Steve
Hi there, we moved across in January and that's the first thing we did.... sort out a car that is. I'm sure we got our UK no claims bonuses as I remember them asking for previous insurance details. We did it all over the phone and I can't remember there being any hassle and the premium was around the same as back home. Where are you from? I'm a Geordie lass...from Tynemouth.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guy's

Just a quick one.

Cheers

Steve
I have just bought a new Toyota Yaris and went with the insurance through Toyota. Fully comp was $364 with $350 excess, and I was also eligible for my partner's no claim bonus in the UK, so was quite chuffed with that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.