car insurance

Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough
Default car insurance

can anyone tell me if car insurance companies in Aus accept proof of no claims bonus from UK
Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:29 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: car insurance

Originally Posted by Jacs
can anyone tell me if car insurance companies in Aus accept proof of no claims bonus from UK
Thanks
Hiy Jacs,
there have been several mentions in the past of taking proof of no claims with you. I believe that they acceptit.

Regards
Mark
Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

going4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura about

Thanks
I have read that you can as well.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Yes they do, i was asked if i had proof last week when i insured my new car!
rach x
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:20 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya
we have just insured out car, all they asked was if we had insurance in the past ans with whom......we got full no claims with no paper work

good luck
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Thanks

best of all is AAMI, they ask if you have had trouble free motoring, take your word for it, that is they dont insist on seeing your proof of no claims and then they offer you their Rating 1 for life. I got fully comp on a brand new Pajero for $600

Andy
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:40 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy thomas
best of all is AAMI, they ask if you have had trouble free motoring, take your word for it, that is they dont insist on seeing your proof of no claims and then they offer you their Rating 1 for life. I got fully comp on a brand new Pajero for $600

Andy
Well I hope that goes for me too. Had meeting with our new Oz bank manager last week and she informed me the letter I had from my company car insurers saying I had no claims for the past four years would not be accepted. However she seemed a bit confused so I'm hoping she doesn't know what she's talking about, will find out next week I suppose.

Walla
Old Sep 26th 2004, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for the info most appreciated
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by walla1
Well I hope that goes for me too. Had meeting with our new Oz bank manager last week and she informed me the letter I had from my company car insurers saying I had no claims for the past four years would not be accepted. However she seemed a bit confused so I'm hoping she doesn't know what she's talking about, will find out next week I suppose.

Walla
Like Andy, we are with AAMI, and even my wife, who has never had her own Insurance before, got Max Bonus for her car, just because she was a named driver on my UK policy. AND they took my word for that
They didn't ask for proof. But hold onto the proof just in case, you MAY need it in the event of a Claim !

Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We went with RACQ and got a good deal on a brand new Landcruiser Prado. We had written proof from our UK insurance company but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have needed it.

Ours cost $491 as opposed to £540 in the UK on a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

When I insurred my car last year they honoured my no claims from the UK but only upto 45 %, I think in the UK it was 50 %.

You don't need to insure you car if you don't want to as your automatically covered third party through your road tax.

Insidendtly one of the reasons it looks cheaper to insure in Oz is that you do not get the same level of cover. We have fully comp but when our car was broken into and about $2000 worth of gear stolen they looked at me as if I was from another planet when I tried to claim for the missing goods.

Keel
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:43 pm
PommieLeague

Budget are the cheapest in Australia. They accept NCD but only on fully comp insurance (as do all the others).
www.budgetdirect.com.au And they are UK owned

Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keel
When I insurred my car last year they honoured my no claims from the UK but only upto 45 %, I think in the UK it was 50 %.

You don't need to insure you car if you don't want to as your automatically covered third party through your road tax.

Insidendtly one of the reasons it looks cheaper to insure in Oz is that you do not get the same level of cover. We have fully comp but when our car was broken into and about $2000 worth of gear stolen they looked at me as if I was from another planet when I tried to claim for the missing goods.

Keel
I have seen a few people on here tell people they do not need to get insurance when they get to Australia and this is false. I have explained it on here previously and I will do it again now.

The 3rd party you get in your annual car registration does NOT cover other vehicles like a normal 3rd party insurance. If you get your car and go on the road and run up the ass of a BMW, you will have to pay for all of his damages out of your own pocket!! The only thing you wont have to pay for, and this is what the compulsory 3rd party covers, is if he or anyone is injured.

I mean heck, if you want to take the chance and not get any further insurance, drive on the road....then do it, but if you end up in thousands of $$'s worth of debt because you didnt get additional insurance....its no ones fault but your own....

(Keel, I know you said you got insurance, that was just a general statement to anyone that wants to take the risk )

But please...anyone out there telling people they dont need to get insurance because of the compulsory 3rd party....quit it!!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Budget are the cheapest in Australia. They accept NCD but only on fully comp insurance (as do all the others).
www.budgetdirect.com.au And they are UK owned

Mine was $180 cheaper per year with AAMI than it was with Budget.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:34 pm
ABCDiamond

I just checked my car with BudgetDirect and it came up with $324.00
AAMI has just quoted $453 for the same. HOWEVER, I actually paid them $392 six months ago, for the same cover