car hire query

Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default car hire query

looking for car hire, but can't seem to find insurance included?
any help ? want a car from hervey bay airport
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car hire query

Originally Posted by rackcatt
looking for car hire, but can't seem to find insurance included?
any help ? want a car from hervey bay airport
http://www.holidayautos.com.au

Our standard rates now come with an insurance excess of $3,300 but under our pre-bookable 'optional extras' you can upgrade to our 'reduced excess' rates taking the excess down to $385 on most classes of vehicles.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.carhire-excess-insurance.com/
I've used these guys a few times but have never had to claim so I can't tell you how good they are.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 5:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
http://www.carhire-excess-insurance.com/
I've used these guys a few times but have never had to claim so I can't tell you how good they are.
Potential problem with these types of things if using on overseas credit card which rackcatt probably will be.

Although you are covered, because you don't reduce the excess with the car hire company directly they may charge your credit card for a bond anyway.

I had a siutation in New Zealand when I hired a camper. My travel insurance covered the cost of any excess so I declined the excess reduction...would've cost me NZD70. The hire company charged, then refunded the bond to my credit card...they claimed they couldn't just do a pre-auth.

With exchange rate fluctuations and currency conversion fees that charge / refund cost me about NZD140!!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I hadn't thought of that, but it's never happened with a reputable car company. They should be able to do a pre-auth unless they're 'challenged'.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

fantastic guys thanks
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
http://www.holidayautos.com.au

Our standard rates now come with an insurance excess of $3,300 but under our pre-bookable 'optional extras' you can upgrade to our 'reduced excess' rates taking the excess down to $385 on most classes of vehicles.
can't get a car hire, said public holiday some date not available///
will taxis be available on public holidays?
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Check here
http://www.bargainwheels.com.au/car-...ay-airport.htm
Basic Insurance is covered +unlimited milage

dont know Hervey Bay , but usually second hand car yards are very cheap for hire cars -someone living there may know
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mulben
Check here
http://www.bargainwheels.com.au/car-...ay-airport.htm
Basic Insurance is covered +unlimited milage

dont know Hervey Bay , but usually second hand car yards are very cheap for hire cars -someone living there may know
Thanks thats great xx