Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car hire prebook or not?

Car hire prebook or not?

Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Car hire prebook or not?

Hi, can anyone advise.

Have found what I think is a good deal on www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au for car hire picking up from the airpor and dropping it back about a month later and was going to book but recently read somewhere that it's cheaper to just hire one from the airport when you arrive.

Can anyone help??

Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:11 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Car hire prebook or not?

I prebooked some time ago. Have just done the same search and it is now $300 more expensive for the same car.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

I have never prebooked a car going to Australia, you can get far better than advertised prices if you know where to go, I have used Avis (Sydney) several times and found the prices to be very good, you can rent cars for as little as £12 a day (not Avis), have a search on the internet, tap into google Australia you will get better results and don't be afraid of calling them direct to check prices.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I would and do always hunt round and pre-book. Its a long way to come and have the hassle of having to sort car hire out when you've just done a long flight and handled the strees of passport control queues and AQIS.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:14 am
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I would and do always hunt round and pre-book. Its a long way to come and have the hassle of having to sort car hire out when you've just done a long flight and handled the strees of passport control queues and AQIS.
agree with this! we arrived 4 weeks ago and i was so glad i pre booked. We went onto travelsupermarket.com as they were the cheapest and you can choose from several companies.

good luck!!