Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

car hire at perth airport (we fly 2moro) help!!

car hire at perth airport (we fly 2moro) help!!

Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all
Default car hire at perth airport (we fly 2moro) help!!

we are off to get our visas validated .... two weeks in perth.
(before July 1st!!)
should i book a car before i go online or haggle when i get there?
or is it more expensive at the airport ?
can anyone recommend a good/cheep company?
we would like to rent a "compact 4X4" like a toyota RAV4
any help would be great
PS the taxi picks up at 5.00pm on the 12th

thanx guys
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: car hire at perth airport (we fly 2moro) help!!

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
(before July 1st!!)
any help would be great

thanx guys
Car hire is more expensive at the airport. Try www.northsiderentals.com.au

We always use them, good prices and good cars.
As for the RAV 4...they are not all that, seats are hard and not much leg room in the back!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

(before July 1st!!)
any help would be great

thanx guys
There are rental companies in the arrivals or you can book with Avis in the UK. I did see an Avis desk when we arrived there was probably more but I was that tired couldn't focus!!! Not much help but a little. Have a safe journey over
Lynne
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mick69
There are rental companies in the arrivals or you can book with Avis in the UK. I did see an Avis desk when we arrived there was probably more but I was that tired couldn't focus!!! Not much help but a little. Have a safe journey over
Lynne
There are a few car hire places within the airport. I find them overpriced!!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.carhire.com.au/
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

(before July 1st!!)
any help would be great

thanx guys
forget the airport car hire get a taxi

http://www.m2000car.com.au/index.html
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

try www.drivenow.com.au
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:36 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

We used http://www.europcar.com.au/ when we flew to Perth Airport. They were good, no complaints from us and the girl at the counter in the airport was really helpful I'd reccommend a car with satnav though
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:43 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

don't need satnav Ocean one side, hills the other, and you hit the river either way... too easy.

But I`d def get a taxi out of the airport. Get a hire car elsewhere.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:56 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
don't need satnav Ocean one side, hills the other, and you hit the river either way... too easy.

But I`d def get a taxi out of the airport. Get a hire car elsewhere.
We did a left out of the airport, it was pitch black and took us about 3 hours to get to Ocean Reef!

Yes I do have an appalling sense of direction
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:30 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hunter
forget the airport car hire get a taxi

http://www.m2000car.com.au/index.html
Very much so, used to use Northside but these guys are much cheaper.