Reload this Page >

car hire no credit card

car hire no credit card

Old May 6th 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough
Default Re: car hire no credit card

Hi Kaye,
If you go to Whitfords Car Hire in Winton Terrace in Joondalup, they accept cash and they are quite resasonable.
I don't know what part of Perth your coming to but Joondalup is in Northern Suburbs and Winton Terrace is like a business Park facing Lakeside Shopping Centre.
Hope this is of some help.
Good luck with your trip
Regards Yvonne
ps. if you need a number for them just give us a shout
Old May 7th 2008, 8:34 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jan

Thanks Yvonne we will keep that in mind we are staying near there so it wouldn't be too far away.

thanks again

kaye
Old May 7th 2008, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bootle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paddyo View Post
Gina, you was fortunate. Even though my Visa debit card had the glorious Visa on it, there was no way it was accepted, the same for an outlet when I purchased over my then EFTPOS limit. Visa debit did not work at all.
I have now raised my EFTPOS limit but very very wary of getting a Visa card, even though it may cause some issues in the future.
That's because to use the Visa card you have to authorize it as a Visa Credit. The Banks determine the EFTPOS limit which is why Gina is only allowed to use the VISA Debit up to a maximum of $1000. You have to specificy that you are using the VISA Credit Facility in order to be able to rent a car, etc.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:39 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bootle View Post
The Banks determine the EFTPOS limit which is why Gina is only allowed to use the VISA Debit up to a maximum of $1000.
I think you misunderstood me: When I use my debit card and press "savings" it is treated as an EFTPOS transaction and has a $1,000 limit. But when I use it and press "credit" it is not treated as an EFTPOS transaction but as a credit card transaction (although it is a debit card) and there is no limit (or rather the limit is how much money we have in our account). The biggest amount I've ever spent in one transaction was $4,500 - went through on "credit" without a problem.

Gina