Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

car hire in Brisbane

car hire in Brisbane

Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Default car hire in Brisbane

Flying out in May for good and need to hire a car for at least a week till we buy one. anyone got any tips.
cheers

greggsy
Old Jan 16th 2006, 8:59 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car hire in Brisbane

Originally Posted by greggsy
Flying out in May for good and need to hire a car for at least a week till we buy one. anyone got any tips.
cheers

greggsy
Thrifty are quite cheap - Europcar pretty comparable and have a desk in the airport. Europcar were ok both times we used them
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:02 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah go with Thrifty, seem to be cheaper than the other lot
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:19 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

greggsy

We used Hertz. Good price and helpful.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Europcar price matched Thrifty over the phone as Thifty's website was not working when I booked our car recently!
I can recommend Europcar, but make sure you refuel the car completely when you return it though as we got charged for that!
They were helpful though as the car had marks on it which were noted down on my contract so that they could not charge me for the damage when I returned it.

Good luck!

Cheers

MichaelB
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

We use Avis in Capalaba when we came on hol's last time. were are you moving to in Brisbane ??

We were going to hire then my BIL took us to the 'magic mile' in Marooka (not sure of spelling) on the Ipswich road which is a mile of back to back car lots (new and used) we went to Salters and bought a 3 year old ford falcon payed $200 deposit showed are passports and uk drivers licence were allowed to drive it away there and then and just drop the remainder of the payment by bankers draft within 48 hours or pay on you could use your uk card.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:34 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi

Europcar price matched Thrifty over the phone as Thifty's website was not working when I booked our car recently!
I can recommend Europcar, but make sure you refuel the car completely when you return it though as we got charged for that!
They were helpful though as the car had marks on it which were noted down on my contract so that they could not charge me for the damage when I returned it.

Good luck!

Cheers

MichaelB
I would use Europcar again. I'd heard they will price match but hadn't come across anyone who'd done it yet. Good to know for when all our visitors turn up
Old Jan 18th 2006, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all very helpfull
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

greggsy

Thrifty
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

greggsy
Thrifty - BUT - dont use the airport location and instead hire from in town. That way you avoid the rather hefty and nasty airport users fee
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We used europcar, the one based in Charlotte street in Brisbane city centre. Was told that you pay extra for car hire from the airport, and as we did not need the car for a few days we just got a mini-bus taxi from the airport to the hotel in the city. Which cost $35.