Car Hire

Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

clandfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Car Hire

Looking for some help here from all you Oz residents.

We are arriving in Brisbane on 2nd December for our validation visit and i am trying to book a suitable car. I've been on the avis website and the cars i am looking at are: Holden Adventra, Mitsubishi Pajero and maybe a Holden Statesman or Commodore Wagon. There are 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 10, 7 and 5 and the wife will probably insist that we bring lots of luggage, probably 2 or 3 suitcases and a couple of leather hold all type things.

The last time we were in Oz we hired a commodore saloon, but couldn't get all four suitcases in. We also hired a Toyota Tarago which was good for the luggage, but i hated driving it. So, do you think a Holden Adventra would be suitable. I've been on the Holden website and its difficult to see a comparable UK car (maybe a lexus rx??).

We will be doing a lot of driving when we get there, viewing different areas in and around Brisbane, so a comfortable car would be great.

Also, what is the current Queensland and NSW regs on child booster seats. do i need one our 5 year old?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:22 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Hire

Originally Posted by clandfam
Looking for some help here from all you Oz residents.

We are arriving in Brisbane on 2nd December for our validation visit and i am trying to book a suitable car. I've been on the avis website and the cars i am looking at are: Holden Adventra, Mitsubishi Pajero and maybe a Holden Statesman or Commodore Wagon. There are 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 10, 7 and 5 and the wife will probably insist that we bring lots of luggage, probably 2 or 3 suitcases and a couple of leather hold all type things.

The last time we were in Oz we hired a commodore saloon, but couldn't get all four suitcases in. We also hired a Toyota Tarago which was good for the luggage, but i hated driving it. So, do you think a Holden Adventra would be suitable. I've been on the Holden website and its difficult to see a comparable UK car (maybe a lexus rx??).

We will be doing a lot of driving when we get there, viewing different areas in and around Brisbane, so a comfortable car would be great.

Also, what is the current Queensland and NSW regs on child booster seats. do i need one our 5 year old?

I would go the 4WD... bit more expensive but worth it.... dunno the legals on booster seat.... but shouldnt be required.