Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car got broken into last night

Car got broken into last night

Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Car got broken into last night

Great isn't it? - someone broke in to my car last night. It was parked on the driveway and they bust the lock and nicked the spare change - about $2 in all. They also tried to nick the toolkit, but I don't keep it in the usual locker.

They also turned over the neighbours car.

Wankers
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car got broken into last night

Originally Posted by renth
Great isn't it? - someone broke in to my car last night. It was parked on the driveway and they bust the lock and nicked the spare change - about $2 in all. They also tried to nick the toolkit, but I don't keep it in the usual locker.

Wankers

Bloody hell - bad luck.

I don't even lock mine. They are in the garage but anyone could get in easily.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Another day in paradise.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Another day in paradise.
Booked your ticket to Qld yet?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:03 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Wankers
Bad luck mate, hope you have a better week coming ahead
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:06 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by thebears
Bad luck mate, hope you have a better week coming ahead
Thanks.

The funny thing is they didn't nick a phone recharger plus 2 vials of date rape drug - midazolam in the glove compartment...

Don't worry, the midazolam is for reviving my daughter from her fits.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.

The funny thing is they didn't nick a phone recharger plus 2 vials of date rape drug - midazolam in the glove compartment...

Don't worry, the midazolam is for reviving my daughter from her fits.
Obviously the words on the label were too hard to comprehend....

WW
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I nicked a little tw@t last night for aggravated taking a motor vehicle without consent. I think I'm off the little thug's Christmas list too as I, to quote him, "scragged him about, innit".
Not much use to you as I'm in UK but still, at least one car criminal got what was coming!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:59 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Another day in paradise.
Jeez, I hope your luck doesn't go the way mine has, try somewhere else quick before you become all bitter and twisted like me. FWIW if you are not liking Perth don't even bother with the other places like Brisbane or Sydney. Sounds like you might prefur Melbourne or Canberra.

Unfortunately I've discovered there is so little actual choice when it comes down to where to live you end up trying to decide between the lesser of two evils. I know every city has suburbs and yes they all have their merits and down sides but in reality it's a choice between cities you have to make and there the choice is very small. I sometimes wonder if our decision to try Canberra isn't so much we like the city as dislike all the others!

Anyway don't stick it out too long before moving on, don't risk whats happened to us and end up hating the whole country as a result.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:35 am
(It's not my real name)

Thanks Arkon.

I have days when I love this place and others when I want to get out.

I think it boils down to the tremendous insecurity of having "missed the boat" with regard to buying a house and being at the mercy of a landlord who I can tell is itching to put the rent up. Add to this the stress of selling the UK house and a sick child.

I need the weigh that against a good job at the UWA with great super, plus all the good friends we've made. I'm not sure the massive upheaval of what is essentially emigrating a second time will solve everything.

Maybe I'll wait and see what happens for a while....
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

dont get mad get even mate.
find a local farmer and borrow his cattle prodder, leave momey on the dash then sit and wait.
after u have given him his first belt, its always better to give him a few mor jabbs to make sure he is still alive . Bastards !!!

dont let it get u down mate
Thanks Arkon.

I think it boils down to the tremendous insecurity of having "missed the boat" with regard to buying a house and being at the mercy of a landlord who I can tell is itching to put the rent up. Add to this the stress of selling the UK house and a sick child.

I need the weigh that against a good job at the UWA with great super, plus all the good friends we've made. I'm not sure the massive upheaval of what is essentially emigrating a second time will solve everything.

Maybe I'll wait and see what happens for a while....
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:53 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by soapy
dont get mad get even mate.
find a local farmer and borrow his cattle prodder, leave momey on the dash then sit and wait.
after u have given him his first belt, its always better to give him a few mor jabbs to make sure he is still alive . Bastards !!!

dont let it get u down mate
Hmm, tempting, but you know what would happen?

I'd get done for assault plus the robber's bogan family would turn up on my doorstep for retribution.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, tempting, but you know what would happen?

I'd get done for assault plus the robber's bogan family would turn up on my doorstep for retribution.
but it would be worth watching him rolling about the ground in pain lol
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=renth]Thanks Arkon.

I think it boils down to the tremendous insecurity of having "missed the boat" with regard to buying a house and being at the mercy of a landlord who I can tell is itching to put the rent up. QUOTE]

I can relate to this completely.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

After all this time, Renth, I thought you were in it for the long haul!

good luck mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.