Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Eating Spider

Car Eating Spider

Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Eating Spider

Originally Posted by fraser
Hello mate, take a deep breath and think about fluffy kittens
yeah the big ones can look kinda fluffy

For me, no dilemma, if it disappears i disappear, end of :scared:
Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
yeah the big ones can look kinda fluffy

For me, no dilemma, if it disappears i disappear, end of :scared:
The only spider encounter I've had in Oz was while driving our hire car after just picking it up in Sydney a rather smallish one ran up my arm while driving. Freaked Rachel out I can tell you especially when she reached into her bag to get a tissue to squash it and saw another one we must have looked funny pulled up on the pacific highway with Rachel jumping out of the car and franticly tipping the whole contents of her bag out on the side of the road
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
The only spider encounter I've had in Oz was while driving our hire car after just picking it up in Sydney a rather smallish one ran up my arm while driving. Freaked Rachel out I can tell you especially when she reached into her bag to get a tissue to squash it and saw another one we must have looked funny pulled up on the pacific highway with Rachel jumping out of the car and franticly tipping the whole contents of her bag out on the side of the road
If anymore drop by i'll save you one as a house warming prezzie
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:16 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rooksie
but you stayed in the house!! i would have made the call from a phone box!!

i think huntsmen are the will be the worst because you cant exactly stand on em and squish em can you - it would be like trying to kill a farm animal.
Huntsmen spiders are pretty shy critters and last time I checked they didn't eat humans. HONESTLY, they are nothing to worry about. I'd rather have a huntsman around than those other damn web building bastards. I have many memories of night time dashes to the 'shed' at the back of my parent's yard (the old 1/4 acre block) - eagerly anticipating the night's project (building something, working on my 'flying ant' dinghy etc.) only to get a face full of spiderweb halfway down the yard. The few seconds madly spent trying to find the spider in your hair were the worst.....
:scared:

If it helps, I was NEVER bitten by one.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
Huntsmen spiders are pretty shy critters and last time I checked they didn't eat humans. HONESTLY, they are nothing to worry about. I'd rather have a huntsman around than those other damn web building bastards. I have many memories of night time dashes to the 'shed' at the back of my parent's yard (the old 1/4 acre block) - eagerly anticipating the night's project (building something, working on my 'flying ant' dinghy etc.) only to get a face full of spiderweb halfway down the yard. The few seconds madly spent trying to find the spider in your hair were the worst.....
:scared:

If it helps, I was NEVER bitten by one.
That's the scarriest thing I have ever heard!!! How can you say they are nothing to worry about? Those legs and the hair, and the way they walk- Urgh! Horrible! I have goose bumps just thinking about them!

If you live in a flat or in a built up complex do you still get spiders or is it just mainly in houses with big gardens out in the countryside?

Totally freaked out now! :scared: