Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Eating Spider

Car Eating Spider

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:10 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Eating Spider

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
It is a real photo. They can measure up to 15cm across - just been trying to find pics that will will get their size into context - this is what I've come up with so far. There must be photos out there, just trawl the net.

D D
ta just what I wanted to see
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:13 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim2004
but it IS a Photoshop doing isn't it, I mean, as funny as it is, it's not like it's a real photo is it ?!?
No photoshop but I advise you read the article.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:36 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by bondipom
No photoshop but I advise you read the article.
What is it with you "Poms" and spiders? lol. No Huntsman I have yet seen is as big as I thought they would be. I've been dissapointed so far. Sure, I don't like having to handle them, esp when I am in my undies at 3am in the morning and probably can't keep up with them, but they are no where near as big as I thought they would be - I thought they would be like tarantulas. Big as your hand - I mean the body - most the legs barely get there.

You're making me sound like an Aussie now. I could be Wombat.

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Mar 22nd 2005 at 8:39 pm.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:44 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG, I hate these threads, I am not going to look at them when I am in OZ. As soon as I look at them here in the UK I start itching and coming over all jittery even though I know that there cant possibly be one hiding in my slippers here. But if I were in Oz I dont think I would be able to sleep :scared:

ooohhhh, my 200th post.. and I only found the sight in Jan, bloody hell I need to get a hobby, oh yeah I already have, its called Expats.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:41 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

You're making me sound like an Aussie now. I could be Wombat.

Badge[/QUOTE]

No No there is only one wombat!!! :scared:
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

To all you arachnophobes - we've been in Victoria nearly 7 months now and have still yet to see a Huntsman. Don't think I want to either.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Neil S
To all you arachnophobes - we've been in Victoria nearly 7 months now and have still yet to see a Huntsman. Don't think I want to either.
LOOK, BEHIND YOU NOW!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim2004
LOOK, BEHIND YOU NOW!!!
:scared:
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
ta just what I wanted to see
Is that a huntsman?
If so, I AM NOT GOING!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:44 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Cuttie little huntsmen! Theyre great Spiders, anything that chomps Roaches is good in My book.
We had one in our room when we were staying in Borneo (a big black one ) it was really friendly once it knew I wasnt going to squish it, you could hear it scuttling about at night (awwww) but they dont come near you, theyre well switched on! Imagine how scared of us they are, im mean were huge from their perspective arnt we! And I can tell you, there were no flies or roaches to be seen anywhere in our room!
What would you rather have, a house full of distgusting disease ridden cockroaches crawling all over you at night, a house like a chemical factory or a cuttie little hunstman living in the corner chomping all those nasty Roaches?
Im gonna get one for our house when we move over cant wait, gonna call him Boris! ...
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:48 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Neil S
I had one living between my double layer of voiles in my lounge - no cockroaches, or aything else for that matter. Once it had gone got a 'roach within a couple of days - it wouldn't have dared to come in while that big bugger was lurking about !

Cockroaches are FAR worse - they jump massive jumps for starters I learnt this from experience when I sprayed one that was on top of door - the bastard jumped off the door towards me - aerosol can went one way - I went the other!! Got him later though !!

btw, did you know that when you have got your A/C on, spiders come in to cool down? So you have a choice - either swelter, or share your home with a many-legged friend. I stay hot and just take lots of showers
Cas
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:52 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
btw, did you know that when you have got your A/C on, spiders come in to cool down? So you have a choice - either swelter, or share your home with a many-legged friend. I stay hot and just take lots of showers
Cas
See they are pretty smart as well!

Do they compete with or kill each other if more than one comes into your house?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:55 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yamahaha
See they are pretty smart as well!

Do they compete with or kill each other if more than one comes into your house?
That I don't know - wouldn't like to see them fighting though.

Sent you some K for Boris btw

Cas
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I had one in my bed last year. Didn't know he was there until he very kindly sank his fangs into my ear.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:59 am
AC/DC!

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Sent you some K for Boris btw

Cas
Thanks for the Karma, I think thats my first! My other half doesnt know my Plans for 'Boris' yet so perhaps I should be careful what I post!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.