Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car dealers on Gold Coast!!!

Car dealers on Gold Coast!!!

Old May 20th 2006, 1:04 pm
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future
Default Car dealers on Gold Coast!!!

Hi,

We are finally flying out on 7th June (OMG!!!!!!) and will land in Brisbane on 12th June (after a Singapore stopover). We have hired a car for a week and will then look to buy one. Could anyone let me know of any car dealers (both new and second hand) on the Gold Coast so we don't have to drive around for miles searching for one.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Emma
Old May 20th 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car dealers on Gold Coast!!!

They'll be hundreds!!..maybe have a look here www.carsales.com/au and see what you can find,some show there addy's
Old May 20th 2006, 1:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger1002
Hi,

We are finally flying out on 7th June (OMG!!!!!!) and will land in Brisbane on 12th June (after a Singapore stopover). We have hired a car for a week and will then look to buy one. Could anyone let me know of any car dealers (both new and second hand) on the Gold Coast so we don't have to drive around for miles searching for one.

Emma
One thing they do here which I approve of (along will millions of other things ) is that they tend to have car dealerships together in a small area rather than them dotted all over the place. Far easier to work your way around.
Old May 20th 2006, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
One thing they do here which I approve of (along will millions of other things ) is that they tend to have car dealerships together in a small area rather than them dotted all over the place. Far easier to work your way around.
Yeah look up 'Ferry Road' when you get here, it's full of em!
Old May 20th 2006, 6:02 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Emma
Hi will I need a credit card to hire a car in Oz it's just we have binned them last year so can be debt free when we leave the UK

M
Old May 20th 2006, 7:43 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Hi will I need a credit card to hire a car in Oz it's just we have binned them last year so can be debt free when we leave the UK

M
if you are heading for the gold coast we could maybe sort something out for you
send me a pm if you like
claire
Old May 20th 2006, 8:00 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
if you are heading for the gold coast we could maybe sort something out for you
send me a pm if you like
claire
Thanks for the reply but the job I've been offered is in Brisbane

Matin
Old May 21st 2006, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Ferry road is as some one said a good place to have a look and you will find a few car sales places dotted around as well.It took me a week to find a car as i was trying to gage the market and find out what cars were going for. When we brought our car even though the we paid cash ( and haggled ) we had to have a check done on us where we had to take in proof of being a permanent resident. You can look at trading post on-line which is a newspaper where everything is sold to get a idea of what cars are going for.
Old May 21st 2006, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice

Hi,

Emma
Park & Sell on Pacific Ave, Miami.... private sales of good second hand cars at excellent prices...test drive and make a silly offer...hours of fun, and if you hate it afterwards you can always sell it and start again....Avoid the dealers for the same reasons as you would in the UK !
Old May 21st 2006, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Yeah look up 'Ferry Road' when you get here, it's full of em!
And Nerang Road (crosses Ferry Rd) - both in Southport.

Lots of ads in the Gold Coast Sun - free every Wednesday.
Old May 21st 2006, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karenjc
we had to have a check done on us where we had to take in proof of being a permanent resident.
We didn't! ... and just as well as we aint PR! ... ...lol

Prob worth mentioning (altho maybe NOT the norm !?!?) I said I have over 14 years NCB so was given a Category 1 (whatever that is) and altho I DID have a letter from my old Insurance co to prove this, it NEVER got asked for once!

We've only got a small car, but we also only pay £180 odd to insure it Fully Comp so can only guess we got the discount!

As I say, maybe the next person will need to prove the NCB, but we didn't so it might be worth saying you have good NCB even if you don't, you never know! If they insist on it you can always say you can't prove it and pay 'the goin rate'.

Gotta be worth a shot I reckon ...