Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car boot sales in Gold Coast/ Brisbane area?

Car boot sales in Gold Coast/ Brisbane area?

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 4:25 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car boot sales in Gold Coast/ Brisbane area?

I know there are a fair amount of markets around Brisbane/ Gold Coast but I assume thay are fruit and delicatession type stuff. Do they have car booties any where around there too with 2nd hand household and clothes? And do they have charity shops and gargae sales too? (I truly need a good bargin rummage every now and again - retail therapy.)
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car boot sales in Gold Coast/ Brisbane area?

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
I know there are a fair amount of markets around Brisbane/ Gold Coast but I assume thay are fruit and delicatession type stuff. Do they have car booties any where around there too with 2nd hand household and clothes? And do they have charity shops and gargae sales too? (I truly need a good bargin rummage every now and again - retail therapy.)
we asked this question a while ago and it seems from the response that we got was it,s really more of a garage sale type of thing, but with the amount of poms now going over you never know it could start to happen.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:00 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
we asked this question a while ago and it seems from the response that we got was it,s really more of a garage sale type of thing, but with the amount of poms now going over you never know it could start to happen.

Oh no...we'll I'll have to change that then! The world needs car booties! Surely Oz isn't such a new land that nothing is 2nd hand yet? I'm saddned! (no wonder E-bay isn't that popular either then!) Bugger - that's my money making fall back plan up the spout then!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya

We do have them in Oz (not sure about Qld) but over here they are Trash & Treasure Markets or Flea Markets( ). You will find them in lots of places, just keep an eye out in local papers.

Hels
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:07 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hels
Hi ya

We do have them in Oz (not sure about Qld) but over here they are Trash & Treasure Markets or Flea Markets( ). You will find them in lots of places, just keep an eye out in local papers.

Hels

Thank the lord! I'll keep a keen eye open when I get there in a few months. I really hope it's not just Victoria that has them. They are so theraputic to buy .........and sell! I sold this morning at our local one and made £175 - I need booties in my life!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heaps of garage sales & flea markets around Brisbane, dont despair .
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 11:01 pm
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road

Try RSPCA and Lifeline...we sometimes get 2nd hand stuff from those shops. You have to be VERY lucky though..they mostly only have useful stuff.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:35 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Barbara_CH
Try RSPCA and Lifeline...we sometimes get 2nd hand stuff from those shops. You have to be VERY lucky though..they mostly only have useful stuff.

That's no good - usefull stuff will not re-sell - who want anything usefull! LOL! That totally counteracts the joy of retail therapy if item acutually serves a purpose!
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:36 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Heaps of garage sales & flea markets around Brisbane, dont despair .
Is there any regular good ones to look out for?
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:53 am

pom04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any regular good ones to look out for?
Try chandler markets on old cleveland road at the big sport complex - 20 mins south east of brisbane sundays they have markest selling all sorts and about half of it is car boot type stalls - clothes - bric a brac antiques etc - childrens toys - also they have a market saturday for auto bits and pieces - I havent been on a saturday but I understand also on saturday they have car boot stalls there - I think on a sunday you will find it more like a pommie car boot - hope this helps !
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pom04
Try chandler markets on old cleveland road at the big sport complex - 20 mins south east of brisbane sundays they have markest selling all sorts and about half of it is car boot type stalls - clothes - bric a brac antiques etc - childrens toys - also they have a market saturday for auto bits and pieces - I havent been on a saturday but I understand also on saturday they have car boot stalls there - I think on a sunday you will find it more like a pommie car boot - hope this helps !
Yep Chandler is our local one & has all sorts of bric-a-brac. Ive gotten a few nice antique pieces of furniture from there in the past. Also try the one at the Rocklea markets at Rocklea - its HUGE & will take you a good couple of hours to walk around & has a mix of all sorts of stuff (NOT fruit & veg though) , theres also one down the coast near Pacific Fair (I cant think of the name of it for the life of me, even though Ive been there dozens of times! mainly new stuff but sometimes bric-a-brac), one at Petrie & one at Caboolture.

Those are the largest ones I can think of, plenty of small ones dotted around the suburbs as well.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 2:09 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yep Chandler is our local one & has all sorts of bric-a-brac. Ive gotten a few nice antique pieces of furniture from there in the past. Also try the one at the Rocklea markets at Rocklea - its HUGE & will take you a good couple of hours to walk around & has a mix of all sorts of stuff (NOT fruit & veg though) , theres also one down the coast near Pacific Fair (I cant think of the name of it for the life of me, even though Ive been there dozens of times! mainly new stuff but sometimes bric-a-brac), one at Petrie & one at Caboolture.

Those are the largest ones I can think of, plenty of small ones dotted around the suburbs as well.

Thank you all of you...I'm alot happier now. That info may even help determine where we set up home! Thanks again.