Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Booster Seats

Car Booster Seats

Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:18 am
Just Joined

fishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the rough
Default Car Booster Seats

Hello, Can you help me with this.....can we use our child car seat from UK to take to NSW? My lass is five and uses a seat with back and lap/shoulder strap. It is easily portable.

Getting a hire car next week and in my experience their hire seats are always pretty dirty.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Booster Seats

Originally Posted by fishyface
Hello, Can you help me with this.....can we use our child car seat from UK to take to NSW? My lass is five and uses a seat with back and lap/shoulder strap. It is easily portable.

Getting a hire car next week and in my experience their hire seats are always pretty dirty.

Thanks in anticipation.
Is cheaper to buy a new one rather than renting it along with the car in my experience. You could use the UK one, but in the event of an accident & child being injured possible insurance issues over none compliance with Aussie standards could arise.
Pretty easy to pick one up from Kmart or Target or such like.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at hiring through a place like this instead of the hire car company?
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:27 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in anticipation.
Here are the new child restraint laws in NSW
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...nts/index.html

Summary of changes

The new national child restraint laws state:

Children younger than six months must be secured in a rearward facing restraint.
Children aged six months to under four years must be secured in either a rear or forward facing restraint.
Children aged four years to under seven years must be secured in forward facing child restraint or booster seat.
Children younger than four years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows.
Children aged four years to under seven years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows, unless all other back seats are occupied by children younger than seven years in a
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

fishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Here are the new child restraint laws in NSW
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...nts/index.html

Summary of changes

The new national child restraint laws state:

Children younger than six months must be secured in a rearward facing restraint.
Children aged six months to under four years must be secured in either a rear or forward facing restraint.
Children aged four years to under seven years must be secured in forward facing child restraint or booster seat.
Children younger than four years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows.
Children aged four years to under seven years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows, unless all other back seats are occupied by children younger than seven years in a
Many thanks for your replies..........