Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

car advice please! need three baby car seats in back but dont' want 7 seater! help!

car advice please! need three baby car seats in back but dont' want 7 seater! help!

Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default car advice please! need three baby car seats in back but dont' want 7 seater! help!

Hiya, have two children three and one and one on the way. I know the new baby needs a baby capsule but would like anyone's advice on a car that isn't a seven seater that we could feasibly get three big baby car seats across the back in! (ie once baby is out of capsule, they're the ones with the high sides!)
We're broke and I'm only used to driving small cars (corsa!) so couldn't do a big seven seater people carrier thing. Does anyone have any recommendations?
also any good second hand dealers as we know sod all about cars!
Would be ever so grateful! cheers!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:57 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice
Default Re: car advice please! need three baby car seats in back but dont' want 7 seater! hel

You are going to have to look at the big cars over hear if you need to get three baby seats in the back. Anything like a Ford Falcon/Holden Commodore/Mitsubishi Magna size should be fine. I would recommend a Toyota Camry in 4 cylinder as it will be fairly fuel efficient compared to the 6 cyls, but it may be a little tight in the back as it is more Mondeo size in it's older form. Failing that look at the Toyota Avalon. Not exactly dynamic but it will be big, comfortable and won't break down.

In terms of used car dealers you are going to have to tell us where you are going to be so people in the relevent areas can recommend. If you used to drive a Corsa any of these cars are going to be a lot different i.e. a lot better!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car advice please! need three baby car seats in back but dont' want 7 seater! hel

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
You are going to have to look at the big cars over hear if you need to get three baby seats in the back. Anything like a Ford Falcon/Holden Commodore/Mitsubishi Magna size should be fine. I would recommend a Toyota Camry in 4 cylinder as it will be fairly fuel efficient compared to the 6 cyls, but it may be a little tight in the back as it is more Mondeo size in it's older form. Failing that look at the Toyota Avalon. Not exactly dynamic but it will be big, comfortable and won't break down.

In terms of used car dealers you are going to have to tell us where you are going to be so people in the relevent areas can recommend. If you used to drive a Corsa any of these cars are going to be a lot different i.e. a lot better!
hiya thanks for all that! will show this to my hubbie - we're in the gap in brisbane!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Originally Posted by liver bird
hiya thanks for all that! will show this to my hubbie - we're in the gap in brisbane!
| think you will find it tough to get three seats in the back of most cars, we had a mondeo sized car for years and it was not possible to safley fit all three seats, we now have a seven seater
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

There must be some mini MPVs??

We are still in the UK and are just selling a Citroen Picasso, this car has 3 full size and independently movable seats in the back so if they sell that or equivalent then I think that would suit you (though I wouldnt buy a new one again considering the deprediation that ours has suffered!).

I think the Vauxhall Zafira is similar so maybe Holden have the equivalent of that.

Let us know what you get because we have similar considerations and would like to be able to get one quickly WHEN in Oz!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:50 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MisterTwo

We have a Camry and yes it can fit 3 car seats in - its wider than the Commodore we hired from Avis.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caleb2003
There must be some mini MPVs??

We are still in the UK and are just selling a Citroen Picasso, this car has 3 full size and independently movable seats in the back so if they sell that or equivalent then I think that would suit you (though I wouldnt buy a new one again considering the deprediation that ours has suffered!).

I think the Vauxhall Zafira is similar so maybe Holden have the equivalent of that.

Let us know what you get because we have similar considerations and would like to be able to get one quickly WHEN in Oz!!
thanks so much! and I would if I were you! we've spent a fortune on hired cars! worth bearing in mind second hand cars cost a bomb here too!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears
We have a Camry and yes it can fit 3 car seats in - its wider than the Commodore we hired from Avis.
oh brill thanks! will get hubbie to have a look at that one! ta x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

oh brill thanks! will get hubbie to have a look at that one! ta x
What about a Nissan Xtrail? compact 4X4 that is quite cheap ($31000 new). You'd fit 3 seats in the back and all 3 belts are 3-pointers (not just a lap belt in the middle).
HTH
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:16 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njk435
What about a Nissan Xtrail? compact 4X4 that is quite cheap ($31000 new). You'd fit 3 seats in the back and all 3 belts are 3-pointers (not just a lap belt in the middle).
HTH
We're broke.... Does anyone have any recommendations?
My understanding is that $31K will be too much - My advice would be to spend the extra on more important things.......

Liver bird you may find Toyota pricey but a good second hand car will last you years - around $15K for 3 year old from a dealer - so perhaps $10K to $12K private just get it RAC checked).

Cant remember where you said you were headed but if it was Melbourne I can recommend some local dealers that are decent to deal with.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:21 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only used to driving small cars (corsa!) so couldn't do a big seven seater people carrier thing.

Maybe true. But you have licence? So you can drive.? Its not that difficult to drive something bigger.

second hand cars cost a bomb here too!
Depends where you buy from.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by njk435
HTH
thanks will look at that but money definitely an issue
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears
My understanding is that $31K will be too much - My advice would be to spend the extra on more important things.......

Liver bird you may find Toyota pricey but a good second hand car will last you years - around $15K for 3 year old from a dealer - so perhaps $10K to $12K private just get it RAC checked).

Cant remember where you said you were headed but if it was Melbourne I can recommend some local dealers that are decent to deal with.
oh thanks so much, that's about our price! and we're in brisbane but thanks anyway, will show all replies to hubby. Ta for replying x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Are there any online car sales places?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

oh thanks so much, that's about our price! and we're in brisbane but thanks anyway, will show all replies to hubby. Ta for replying x
hi, we've decided to get a new holden barina for hubby to drive to work as you can pick these up for about 14 or 15 thou dollars (an dhopefully keep their resall) and a second hand holden zafira, so thanks for all your help everyone! x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.