Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Capital Investment (bond)

Capital Investment (bond)

Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:04 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Capital Investment (bond)

We have today had our bond request (hurrah) so I guess the meds checked out OK.
So what do I do now?

Went to www.immi.gov.au
but could'nt find anything about bonds. I think I just need the bank details of the government authority so I can send the money (I would prefer WA as thats where we are heading) can I find this info on the web or do I have to ring someone?

Also my form says that I have to validate by 30th June 2005. I thought we had a year from the police checks or meds, which would be September, its brought things farther forward than we planned.

Still its very good news
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: Capital Investment (bond)

Originally Posted by pompeywill
We have today had our bond request (hurrah) so I guess the meds checked out OK.
So what do I do now?

Went to www.immi.gov.au
but could'nt find anything about bonds. I think I just need the bank details of the government authority so I can send the money (I would prefer WA as thats where we are heading) can I find this info on the web or do I have to ring someone?

Also my form says that I have to validate by 30th June 2005. I thought we had a year from the police checks or meds, which would be September, its brought things farther forward than we planned.

Still its very good news
Hi,

Congratulations. I suggest you do a search of the Aus/Nz Immigration Forum for "Capital Investment Bond" as there have been a lot of posts on this recently.

To summarise however:

You should email all the State/Territory treasuries to see which one offers the best interest rate and probably go with them. There is absolutely no reason to invest in the same state/territory as the one you are planning to live in. Although WA and Queensland currently seem to be giving the two best rates.

You will need to print off the specific treasury investment bond form and also await for form 1022 to arrive from your case officer (you need to use the original). The State Treasuries have instructions on what you need to do and will email this to you. It is also a good idea to open a HIFX account if you have not already done so.

regards

Alex
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:18 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Capital Investment (bond)

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Hi,

Congratulations. I suggest you do a search of the Aus/Nz Immigration Forum for "Capital Investment Bond" as there have been a lot of posts on this recently.

To summarise however:

You should email all the State/Territory treasuries to see which one offers the best interest rate and probably go with them. There is absolutely no reason to invest in the same state/territory as the one you are planning to live in. Although WA and Queensland currently seem to be giving the two best rates.

You will need to print off the specific treasury investment bond form and also await for form 1022 to arrive from your case officer (you need to use the original). The State Treasuries have instructions on what you need to do and will email this to you. It is also a good idea to open a HIFX account if you have not already done so.

regards

Alex
Thx Alex
I have form 1022 but all that seems to be is a change of circumstances form, which we have already sent with our meds (the agent told us to do so)
I have already sorted the HIFX account though so at least I'm a bit organised.