Reload this Page >

Capalaba,Brisbane

Wikiposts

Capalaba,Brisbane

Old May 29th 2004, 9:04 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Capalaba,Brisbane

Originally posted by Rosy
As far as schools are concerned, the primary school (Hilliards in Alexandra Hills) is supposedly one of the best state primaries in Bayside (although we weren't impressed!) and there is also Sheldon College, an expensive but supposedly very good private school which takes children from kindy right through High School.

all in all, Capalaba has a lot going for it, providing you pick the right part.
To clarify "expensive" Sheldon College costs about $5,000 per year. Which is a bit more than twice the normal rate for a lot of the Christian based Private schools over here. However, compared to UK private schools ?

I recommend it myself, as my daughter goes there, and is very happy.

Ormiston College is also close, and about the same price, and well rated too.

Old May 29th 2004, 9:08 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Gryff
hi everyone.

We've been thinking about Birkdale...but the hubby found a gorgeous house on the net at Sunnybank....whats it like anyone???? and how far is it to Moreton Bay College????
Sunnybank is a nice part of Brisbane, slightly older and more established. Convenient and on a train line to boot. I'm not sure where Moreton Bay College is.
Old May 29th 2004, 9:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
To clarify "expensive" Sheldon College costs about $5,000 per year. Which is a bit more than twice the normal rate for a lot of the Christian based Private schools over here. However, compared to UK private schools ?
$5,000 expensive? I work in a private school in the UK (one of the top ones apparently) and it's nearer $50,000 per year
Old May 29th 2004, 9:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by wmoore
$5,000 expensive? I work in a private school in the UK (one of the top ones apparently) and it's nearer $50,000 per year
I got tired tired of waiting for our local private school at $2,000 py, (long waiting list), so we picked Sheldon, and we pay the extra
I had a feeling that I remembered it being mentioned that it was a fair bit more in the UK

The prices here explain why about 30%+ of students go to private schools in Australia.

Old May 29th 2004, 9:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I got tired tired of waiting for our local private school at $2,000 py, (long waiting list), so we picked Sheldon, and we pay the extra
I had a feeling that I remembered it being mentioned that it was a fair bit more in the UK

The prices here explain why about 30%+ of students go to private schools in Australia.
UK private schools have been under investigation for a while now for 'price fixing', seeing as the fees at most of the top ones have been going up by about 9%pa over the last few years. I've been in my job nearly 6 years and the standard fee has gone up from £13,600 to £19,545 (+69%).

Don't suppose anything will come of it though...
Old May 30th 2004, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ulujain
Sunnybank is a nice part of Brisbane, slightly older and more established. Convenient and on a train line to boot. I'm not sure where Moreton Bay College is.

Thank you for that....Moreton Bay is at Wynnum btw.