Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cant take much more stress!!

cant take much more stress!!

Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:50 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down cant take much more stress!!

As some of you know, we were meant to be exchanging contracts tomorrow, it was all pretty much set in stone, everyone wanted to do it.

We signed our contracts and dropped them off at our solicitors last night so they had them first thing this morning, and our solicitor said they'd start chasing for a completion date so we could exchange.

heard nothing all day so phoned estate agent, he spoke to buyers then rang me back and matter of factly said "we'll be exchanging next week as they're getting a buy to let mortgage and have to exchange on that first"

WTF?

First we've heard that they have to do this?!

Just spoke to our solicitor who is as much in the dark about this as we are.

Why does it have to be so bl**dy difficult?

Honestly feel like either screaming, hitting something or bawling my eyes out, just cant decide which....!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cant take much more stress!!

Originally Posted by bridiej
As some of you know, we were meant to be exchanging contracts tomorrow, it was all pretty much set in stone, everyone wanted to do it.

We signed our contracts and dropped them off at our solicitors last night so they had them first thing this morning, and our solicitor said they'd start chasing for a completion date so we could exchange.

heard nothing all day so phoned estate agent, he spoke to buyers then rang me back and matter of factly said "we'll be exchanging next week as they're getting a buy to let mortgage and have to exchange on that first"

WTF?

Honestly feel like either screaming, hitting something or bawling my eyes out, just cant decide which....!

aaawww honey...im gona try and send you some karma to 'karma' you down. it will happen, honestly (probably nest week tho.... )
SB
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?

I wouldn't have thought that your solicitor would have needed to know that they were getting a BTL mortgage.

At least it's still going ahead.

If you decide on hitting something - can I suggest you move your monitor out of the way first?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

WTF?

I'm so sorry this has gone all wrong for you. Hope you see some light at the end of the tunnel soon!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:56 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?

Tell me about it! I know it is easier said than done but try not to let it get to you (I failed). It will probably all come right the same day you hear from DIMIA next week. Then what a day that will be.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Do you guys ever get a break???!!!!???

Things MUST take a turn for the better soon!!!

Sending you Karma......if I'm allowed.......was told to spread it around last time!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:58 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this bridie but at least the deal's still on. It's just a small delay that's all. Try to stay
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:59 pm

Just heard back from the solicitor, they cant get the buy to let funds until the 9th so we have to hold on for yet another bloomin' week......

I just hope my "all things happen for a reason" philosophy is correct and perhaps DIMIA will grant our visas in the meantime so we can get the shippers to just pack and send our stuff rather than it going into storage.

I never thought this would be sooooo stressful, thank you all for your kind words.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Must have spread enough!!! It was allowed!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:03 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bridiej,

sorry to hear you've also got troubles with the house sale

Gina
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard back from the solicitor, they cant get the buy to let funds until the 9th so we have to hold on for yet another bloomin' week......

I just hope my "all things happen for a reason" philosophy is correct and perhaps DIMIA will grant our visas in the meantime so we can get the shippers to just pack and send our stuff rather than it going into storage.

I never thought this would be sooooo stressful, thank you all for your kind words.
I suppose you could always send your stuff early - that way you'll have less time to wait when you get there.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
I suppose you could always send your stuff early - that way you'll have less time to wait when you get there.
With the way our luck goes, I daren't!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Bj

just tried to give U some Karma, but it said I wasn't spreading it around enough!!

Hope it goes more smoothly next week for you.

gd
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:40 pm

Ah, thanks GD

Think my hair will be white (or fallen out!) by the end of all this!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:50 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Chin up Bridie mate
Look how far that positive attitude has got you already, lessen it in your mind to a little hiccup don't look on it as a hurdle
Positive thoughts always
Carole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.