Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can't stand the waiting

Can't stand the waiting

Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:25 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't stand the waiting

How do you all do it?????? We sent off my partners spouse visa in November, payment taken by Australia House 24th November and we still haven't heard anything yet Were really disappointed since our agent had drummed us up by saying that the spouse visa's are only taking 2 weeks and now were 7 weeks in
I don't know how the rest of you cope with having to wait for 6 months plus for yours to come through. It's driving us round the bend because we can't plan anything until we have the visa and we had originally planned to go to Noosa middle of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to all of you that must have the patience of a saint to wait months, my rantings are nothing compared to the length of time you have to wait.
Just needed to get it off my chest. Might have to start drinking to calm my nerves!!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't stand the waiting

hiya marie, i know what you mean the waiting is killing me, we re waiting for my daughters meds to be passed,i just wanna know if i can go or not,think i ll have one of those drinks with you

tracey
Originally Posted by Marie_m
How do you all do it?????? We sent off my partners spouse visa in November, payment taken by Australia House 24th November and we still haven't heard anything yet Were really disappointed since our agent had drummed us up by saying that the spouse visa's are only taking 2 weeks and now were 7 weeks in
I don't know how the rest of you cope with having to wait for 6 months plus for yours to come through. It's driving us round the bend because we can't plan anything until we have the visa and we had originally planned to go to Noosa middle of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to all of you that must have the patience of a saint to wait months, my rantings are nothing compared to the length of time you have to wait.
Just needed to get it off my chest. Might have to start drinking to calm my nerves!!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:42 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya marie, i know what you mean the waiting is killing me, we re waiting for my daughters meds to be passed,i just wanna know if i can go or not,think i ll have one of those drinks with you

tracey
Thats nothing, you wait till you've got it and your just waiting for your flights ....

Aghhhhhhh
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

never ending... :scared:
tracey.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:44 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

never ending... :scared:
tracey.
too right
seems such a long way off sometimes....
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
Thats nothing, you wait till you've got it and your just waiting for your flights ....

Aghhhhhhh
Cheers for that And I thought this was the worst bit!!
Mind you I think we will be so busy making plans and arrangements that it will fly by.................. fingers crossed
At least I've got my snowboarding holiday in Lapland to look foward to in 1 1/2 weeks
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi maria, snowboarding!that sounds like fun

tracey.
Cheers for that And I thought this was the worst bit!!
Mind you I think we will be so busy making plans and arrangements that it will fly by.................. fingers crossed
At least I've got my snowboarding holiday in Lapland to look foward to in 1 1/2 weeks
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:23 pm

hi maria, snowboarding!that sounds like fun

tracey.
It's fantastic, we go to a place in Lapland called Levi www.levi.fi
The kids absolutely love it there too and the temperature only goes down to about -40 degrees!!!!!! :scared: They get to see Father Christmas too which is an added bonus of the holiday. Last year I dislocated my shoulder though so this year I need to go easy, don't want to be in plaster for a 24hr plane ride!! That's if they would even let me on the plane!! Whats the protocol nowadays for travelling on aircraft with plaster????
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mmmmm dunno, wonder if youd get upgraded to first class worth a try.

sounds lovely place i m gonna have a look at the site.

tracey.
It's fantastic, we go to a place in Lapland called Levi www.levi.fi
The kids absolutely love it there too and the temperature only goes down to about -40 degrees!!!!!! :scared: They get to see Father Christmas too which is an added bonus of the holiday. Last year I dislocated my shoulder though so this year I need to go easy, don't want to be in plaster for a 24hr plane ride!! That's if they would even let me on the plane!! Whats the protocol nowadays for travelling on aircraft with plaster????
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:29 pm

Mmmmm dunno, wonder if youd get upgraded to first class worth a try.

sounds lovely place i m gonna have a look at the site.

tracey.
ha ha and leave the rest of the family in standard class!! Would make my journey alot easier
50cm of snow there at the moment, we will enjoy even more this year as it will be our last holiday there
Although I'm sure the beaches, sun and mountains of NSW will make up for it all. Will just have to pop over to New Zealand to go snowboarding now
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha and leave the rest of the family in standard class!! Would make my journey alot easier
50cm of snow there at the moment, we will enjoy even more this year as it will be our last holiday there
Although I'm sure the beaches, sun and mountains of NSW will make up for it all. Will just have to pop over to New Zealand to go snowboarding now
There's plenty of skiing and snowboarding in NSW in winter.

G
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
There's plenty of skiing and snowboarding in NSW in winter.

G
And we will certainly be on the slopes in NSW, infact we might even manage to have two snowboarding hols this year, in the UK winter and then when we eventually get to Aus Have you any experience of the slopes in NSW or New Zealand??
We met some plonker on Friday who had been to Aus 4 times and is aparently in the process of migrating. He tried telling us that we wouldn't like it because it's too hot, there's no snow in Australia and that Brisbane was just one street!!!!!!! Made me want to poke him in the eye
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

site looks fab hun,i think i ll try going first class and leaving the family standard,lol,wonder if i get away with it

tracey.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 2:22 pm

site looks fab hun,i think i ll try going first class and leaving the family standard,lol,wonder if i get away with it

tracey.
Ha ha, think my other half might have a few choice words for me if I managed to do it!!