Reload this Page >

Cant Be Much Longer.....can It?

Cant Be Much Longer.....can It?

Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

lee archer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cant Be Much Longer.....can It?

Hi,
My wife, three children and i started our application for a skilled migration visa with Go Matilda in Febuary 2004. I have had my skills recognised by the TRA and Go Matilda has had our police checks and these along with my application have been sent to Australia shortly before christmas. I recently e-mailed Go Matilda to ask when to expect our visa and they have said to expect it to take between 6 and 9 months!!! We cant believe it it going to take long. We thought the whole process from start to finish took about 12-14 months. Does this sound longer than normal? If we have to wait much longer i think we may burst!!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:48 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default Re: Cant Be Much Longer.....can It?

Originally Posted by lee archer
Hi,
My wife, three children and i started our application for a skilled migration visa with Go Matilda in Febuary 2004. I have had my skills recognised by the TRA and Go Matilda has had our police checks and these along with my application have been sent to Australia shortly before christmas. I recently e-mailed Go Matilda to ask when to expect our visa and they have said to expect it to take between 6 and 9 months!!! We cant believe it it going to take long. We thought the whole process from start to finish took about 12-14 months. Does this sound longer than normal? If we have to wait much longer i think we may burst!!!
Hi, afraid to tell you this is about the right timescale. Dimia received our
application in April 04 and all that we have received is confirmation that
they received it okay. They usually quote approx 50 weeks from receipt
of application to you receiving your visa !

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but hold tight your in for a bumpy
ride!!! :scared:

Bye for now,

Tracey
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

The timescale sounds about right and at least you are in very good hands, Go Matilda have an excellent reputation on this forum, so sit tight and try to be patient!

( Easier said than done, i know....!!! )

Best wishes for your 'new life'
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:44 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lee archer
Hi,

Lee,
12 months is about right, remember you have Christmas & New Year which delay things a little.
You will be sent a letter asking for the meds & police record 1st, or if you jave sent them in without being asked, then a letter telling you it is about to be granted 7 is there anything you would like to tell them?

Keep on waiting & dreaming of Oz.

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 9th 2005, 11:01 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

austimeline.com.au is a good place to watch visa timescales etc....

not sure if you need the .au at the end as ive lost the link - someone on here will be able to put the correct link up!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

lee archer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your help everyone, i guess we are just gonna have to wait.

Cheers,
Lee.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

The wait isn't the same for marriage visa's is it?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:46 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
The wait isn't the same for marriage visa's is it?

Unfortunately, no. Prospective spouse and spouse visas are pretty much the fastest visas issued because they have requirements the other visa's don't.

Spouse visas actually take about 2 years to process but temporary visas (for 2 years) are given in order not to seperate husbands and wives or defacto spouses. Sponsorship and financial responsibility is required and should the marriage end before the 2 years is up (with some exceptions) your visa can be revoked.

Your visa, once issued, will be a permanent residency visa, granting you the right to stay in Australia indefinately as well as giving you government benefits and medical coverage. You will be able to apply for citizen ship 2 years from landing in Oz, whereas people on a spouse visa will have to wait 2 years longer (the temporary visa does not count in the 2 years to citizenship.)

I know it's the last thing you want to hear right now but patience is a virtue.

All the best

Siren