Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can't decide where to live..

Can't decide where to live..

Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

kate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the rough
Question Can't decide where to live..

Hi everyone,

I am coming over on a student visa, but am undecided where to live and study, I am torn between Perth, Newcastle and the Sunshine coast. I am looking somewhere that is relaxed enough to have a laidback lifestyle, but not too quiet. Could anybody give me their opinions of these three places?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't decide where to live..

I would have thought it would depend very much on what you are going to study and how good each place is for that course. Dont forget, that where you do a course is as important as what you do and what grade you end up with. A degree from a place that is poorly thought of by the people in the industry might be nearly worthless.
I cant comment on all of your options, but Perth is ok, though pretty quite. Though you need to remember that the student scene here is very different in Oz to the Uk - much quiter
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:12 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kate1973
Hi everyone,

I am coming over on a student visa, but am undecided where to live and study, I am torn between Perth, Newcastle and the Sunshine coast. I am looking somewhere that is relaxed enough to have a laidback lifestyle, but not too quiet. Could anybody give me their opinions of these three places?
All three seem like nice places, maybe choose the place with the best university.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Also, look at the chance of getting work in that field in each area. We are on a student visa and didn't really think about that, and it was harder to find work in the area I am studing than I imagined.

Good luck