Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can't choose between Adelaide & Mandurah!!! Please help.

Can't choose between Adelaide & Mandurah!!! Please help.

Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough
Default Can't choose between Adelaide & Mandurah!!! Please help.

Hi,

We have got 475 visa and have got sponsorship from WA & SA. We are planning the move in Jan 2010. However, we still cant decide between the two.

We were planning (still no change) to go to Adelaide and were researching and gathering as much information as we could. But our teenage daughters want to see if Perth could be our new home!!!!

We are me, hubby, 3 teenage daughters and young son. Yours views on Education, medical, activities for teenagers, housing and jobs are highly appreicated.

I looked up on www.realestate.com.au and rentals are much cheaper than most Adelaide suburbs.

My hubby is in marketing & sales in travel industry and I am in administration, would we find jobs? Could one of us work in Perth on 475 visa? We never had to think about this with Adelaide.

Anything else which we should know?

Thanks

Mari

PS: we are not from UK
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:07 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't choose between Adelaide & Mandurah!!! Please help.

How did you manage to get a visa sponsored by 2 states? I think you should maybe take a closer look at your visa grant to see which state actually sponsored you before you decide where to go, since you will need to live in the sponsoring state in order to apply for your PR.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough

I have checked again. We received State Sponsorship from SA & WA for our 475 visa. We have all supporting documents.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

namecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunny side
I have checked again. We received State Sponsorship from SA & WA for our 475 visa. We have all supporting documents.
Hi Sunny side, did you received separate SS from SA and WA or you received the visa grant?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

BeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really niceBeachBassist is just really nice

I spent a few days in Perth. It was nice but too crowded and spread out for my liking. Adelaide was more "Townish" and easy to get around. The people in Adelaide seem very friendly. I've been in Adelaide a little over 2 weeks. The weather doesn't seem much different than Perth. I actually prefer Adelaide over Perth. I wasn't impressed with the beaches on the west coast although they were nice I really could not see myself swimming in murky water. this is a result of the extreme tidal changes apparently.

of course I've lived a good portion of my life in the Bahamas so I am spoilt when it comes to beaches and the water.

so the beach or water was not a deciding point for me when choosing where to settle in Australia.

I've been in OZ now 7 weeks and have just got that gut feeling. I've been struggling with a decision for sometime now. But I have finally made a decision and that is to move back to the Bahamas. I'm just too used to the way of life over on that side of the world. Its got nothing to do with beaches. I could happily live anywhere in the U.S. I'd prefer Florida though.

so its taken me 7 weeks to figure out if I want to live in OZ. I wish I had taken a 2 month reccie first.

However I can see people moving from the UK might be able to adjust better than me as the way of life over here is more "British" and I guess I've become more "Americanized" over time having lived for so long across the pond.

Just my final take on things.