British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cant Believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cant-believe-108367/)

hibee May 16th 2002 10:08 am

Cant Believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a phone call from my agent this morning saying that the AHC had processed my application and have requested Medicals , Police Records. AT LAST. I Applied Dec 6th 2000. Looks like things are moving again. Will put notes on Timeline once i get down from the ceiling.

Cheers
Jamie

col May 16th 2002 11:36 am

Re: Cant Believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! that is some sort of wait! I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly from here on in

Col :)

Lisa B May 16th 2002 11:43 am

Hey Jamie,

Great news!! You've been waiting ages!! We applied skilled ind. Aug 2001, so looks like we could be waiting for ages yet too. It's a bit of a downer though, when you see that many of those who applied skilled ind. after you get in before, eh? Still...you're on your way now!

Good luck with everything - let us know how you get on!

Lisa B
X

hibee May 16th 2002 12:23 pm

You never know lisa now that all the IT Guys have been Fast Tracked ,Hopefully things will move quicker for you guys??? Anyway i,m not the only one thats waited as long.

cheers
Jamie

Claire May 16th 2002 12:55 pm

Congrats!

At last some movement from AHC. Now the fun REALLY begins!

Claire

shamer May 16th 2002 1:12 pm

That's great,

I have seen your posts in the past, and know you have been waiting for ages for some word.

I hope the rest is plain sailing (even though you are a Hibs fan)

Cheers
shamer.

heading downunder 2002 May 16th 2002 2:28 pm

Jamie,

At last you have heard something. I am so pleased for you. You have had a long wait and it is about time.

Good Luck with the medicals and police checks. I am sure they will be straight forward and you will be on your way to Oz.

Susan

hibee May 16th 2002 2:33 pm

Thanks for all your replies. Yes it has been a long wait, Hopefully wont be long now once the Medicals , Police checks are done .
I may even make it over this year !!! Shamer i take it you are a
Jambo , not to worry you had a better season than we had. One thing i will miss if i ever get there is going to Easter Road.

Here's Hoping
Jamie

britbird May 16th 2002 5:25 pm

Well done
Doesn't it just put your heart in a flutter!!!
We applide 15th Dec 2000 and beleive me I know how long that wait is.
We were asked for more info and are waiting for a reply
Britbird

Anon E Mouse May 16th 2002 6:50 pm

Watch out for the cold hands and the "I'll just take a peek down here" line!

Anon

shamer May 17th 2002 10:02 am

Even worse than a jambo, We just won the double and McLeish is our man.

Sorry everyone about the local football banter,

although it's good to know that there are some Jocks departing the Motherland for pastures new.

Dave May 17th 2002 10:49 am

Good to hear that that you've heard something at last.
We applied in November 2000 and first heard from them in April and had to submit some additional info. Now,5 weeks on after sending it off, we are waiting for postie to bring us some news soon please!
Dave

Dave May 17th 2002 10:50 am

Good to hear that that you've heard something at last.
We applied in November 2000 and first heard from them in April 2002 and had to submit some additional info. Now,5 weeks on after sending it off, we are waiting for postie to bring us some news soon please!
Dave