British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cannot-find-short-let-accomodation-anywhere-440905/)

Bonnybute Apr 9th 2007 3:37 pm

Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere

Please can someone help me, with "short let" accomodation, in Cleveland,Brisbane, or close by. We're flying out on in May 25th, to validate our visas, and leave July 31st, staying for two and a bit months, but cannot find anything to rent, I'm getting seriously stressed, everytime I come online, to try and locate something.

I need a two bedroom place, and preferably without a pool. I really don't care what type of place, flat, cottage, house..whatever, but need it to be furnished.

I've gone through every website mentioned in these pages, I've searched until I'm almost screaming with frustration.

can anyone help??

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeeeeee :o

Bonny

JaneandJim Apr 10th 2007 1:07 am

Re: Cannot find 'short let' accomodation anywhere

Hi,

Furnished rental accomodation is almost impossible to find here as landlords very rarely do it. Would a motel be any good? I found it on yellowpages.com.au. Have a look there for other options but I think your only other choice will be an actual hotel.

http://www.cvvmotel.com.au/

A couple of members on here do furnished short term accomodation but they tend to be bigger houses. Have you tried Mrs Dagboy? I think she gets booked up way ahead and her property's not on Cleveland but is in the Bayside.

Jane :)

DrWho Apr 10th 2007 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Bonnybute (Post 4618106)
Please can someone help me, with "short let" accomodation, in Cleveland,Brisbane, or close by. We're flying out on in May 25th, to validate our visas, and leave July 31st, staying for two and a bit months, but cannot find anything to rent, I'm getting seriously stressed, everytime I come online, to try and locate something.

I need a two bedroom place, and preferably without a pool. I really don't care what type of place, flat, cottage, house..whatever, but need it to be furnished.

I've gone through every website mentioned in these pages, I've searched until I'm almost screaming with frustration.

can anyone help??

Bonny

Would have thought your best bet would be one of the camp sites like Big4... For 10 weeks you'd be able to do a deal as well...

alkristensen Apr 10th 2007 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Bonnybute (Post 4618106)

can anyone help??

Bonny

why dont you just rent a flat/apartment on a short term tenancy as if you have moved there. it would be cheaper than short term rentals in the long run.

Have a look at the courier mail online.

Tell em you will pay all the 2 and a bit months rent up front

you can go into a hotel for a few days while you look for a place in shop windows and ocal papers. Thats what we are doing. The web just scratches the surface on rentals. Whjen you get there there will be free newspapers and magazines with all the stuff in i found

How much you want to pay will have a bearing on what you can get, and for how many people?

al

Bonnybute Apr 10th 2007 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by rodders39 (Post 4620295)
Would have thought your best bet would be one of the camp sites like Big4... For 10 weeks you'd be able to do a deal as well...

Thanks guys, still looking :thumbsup:

Alana and Arrons mum Apr 10th 2007 10:21 pm

Hiya,
We are renting a fully furnished house in Sangate for 4 weeks and found it on stayz.com.au.
PM me if you cant find the site.Good luck
Andy:thumbsup:

datamile Apr 10th 2007 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum (Post 4623796)
Hiya,
We are renting a fully furnished house in Sangate for 4 weeks and found it on stayz.com.au.
PM me if you cant find the site.Good luck
Andy:thumbsup:

Alexandra Cottage ? We got it from Late june to Mid July. Prout cottage for the first few weeks. Both on stayz, but it was pretty hard to find a house rather that apartment that was short term and available.

Bonny, you might suffer because of school holidays at the start of july.. Not tempted to travel around a bit ?

Buzzy--Bee Apr 11th 2007 12:36 am

Mrs Dagboy on this site has accommodation near that area. Try PMing her.

:beer:

Buzzy

karmagirls Apr 11th 2007 2:19 am

Hi there,
Try the Jacaranda Lodge in Springwood, Brisbane. You can PM me if you want their contact details as I'll need to go find them. We stayed there for around 5 weeks and it was lovely. They do have a pool though, thats the only thing. Still, it's big enough and there's like a double bed and three singles in an open plan loft space.
Good luck.
Tracy
x

dmf Apr 11th 2007 7:00 am

Some friends have just put their website together - link http://www.sadlershomestay.com.au

It is probably bigger than what you are looking for but good location.

Dawn

Bonnybute Apr 11th 2007 7:48 am

Thank you, this is a great help..

Bonny

Jensen Healey Apr 11th 2007 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 4624218)
Mrs Dagboy on this site has accommodation near that area. Try PMing her.

:beer:

Buzzy

We stayed there last August and I think they said they're switching over to longer term rental.

jtu100 Apr 11th 2007 9:43 am

Try www.gumtree.com.au . There are usually loads of short-term rentals on there.

Bonnybute Apr 11th 2007 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by jtu100 (Post 4625468)
Try www.gumtree.com.au . There are usually loads of short-term rentals on there.

that's an fantastic website,

thank you

datamile Apr 11th 2007 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bonnybute (Post 4627071)
that's an fantastic website,

thank you

Exists in the uk too http://www.gumtree.com/

great for selling things before you go. Its completely free