Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Emirates flight??

Cancelling Emirates flight??

Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cancelling Emirates flight??

Hi

We are returning to the UK in July for a wedding, we have already booked with Emirates but due to a change in where we are going to stay, I could do with re shuffling the dates a bit. When we booked back in March, there were no great bargains to be had but I can now get similar flights with Malaysia for $3k less

So, I'm quite keen to get more suitable dates and a bargain as well but I can't make head or tail of Emirates small print about cancelling a flights and refunds, charges etc. Has anyone cancelled with them? and how easy was it to do and how long before you got the refund?

Have already called Emirates but waited in a queue for ages so will try again tomorrow but if anyone has any experience of this, I'd be most grateful

Sam
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:45 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling Emirates flight??

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

We are returning to the UK in July for a wedding, we have already booked with Emirates but due to a change in where we are going to stay, I could do with re shuffling the dates a bit. When we booked back in March, there were no great bargains to be had but I can now get similar flights with Malaysia for $3k less

So, I'm quite keen to get more suitable dates and a bargain as well but I can't make head or tail of Emirates small print about cancelling a flights and refunds, charges etc. Has anyone cancelled with them? and how easy was it to do and how long before you got the refund?

Have already called Emirates but waited in a queue for ages so will try again tomorrow but if anyone has any experience of this, I'd be most grateful

Sam
Look at your ticketing information, it should be there with the penalty for changes or cancellation. You will have to call them anyhow to do it, but refunds can take 4 weeks+ or so with airlines.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

direct2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the rough

You can try checking the "fare rules" by using entering the reference number on their website under "manage my booking".

We cancelled beofr with Emirates and paid a penalty (cant remember how much but it wasn't alot).
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I've checked it out and still can't make out the cancellation fees clearly but it looks like $300. I'll phone them tomorrow and check it out.

Ta
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:53 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Thanks, I've checked it out and still can't make out the cancellation fees clearly but it looks like $300. I'll phone them tomorrow and check it out.

Ta
I THINK it is $300 per ticket!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

we cancelled flights with emirates a few months ago to book cheaper ones with singapore. we had booked online direct with emirates - rang them and our cancellation charge was $200 per ticket. we had the refund on our card within 3 working days. i think if you've booked via a travel agent it can take quite a bit longer
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by donovandenese
we cancelled flights with emirates a few months ago to book cheaper ones with singapore. we had booked online direct with emirates - rang them and our cancellation charge was $200 per ticket. we had the refund on our card within 3 working days. i think if you've booked via a travel agent it can take quite a bit longer
We had flights booked for the 19th June. I wasn't recovering very quickly from the birth of my 3rd child. I went to the GP and she wrote a doctors certificate. Emirates were very helpful and we had a full refund in under 2 weeks (slightly longer because we had a to request the refund to go onto a different card).

I know with our tickets there would normally have been a fee of $330 per adult ticket for cancelling but it does depend on the fare rules. A lot of the recent deals with Emirates have had no refunds as part of the fare rules. If you booked online you would have been sent an email with the fare rules.

Poppet