Reload this Page >

Canberra-Yes or No?

Canberra-Yes or No?

Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canberra-Yes or No?

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Teachers are employed by the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government - not the Commonwealth - so the Commonwealth elections should have little effect on teacher employment.
Yes and who said it would is what i'm asking
Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:27 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by debio
Yes and who said it would is what i'm asking
"... -until i saw the push for new teachers."
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:48 pm
JES
Just Joined

JES is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Canberra for about 7 years I went to school there and worked there and I hated it. We used to call it the city without a soul, if I hadn't being living there I doubt I would of moved back to England something I completely regret. It is the type of place that is good to visit but not so good to live, if you know Redditch in Worcestershire I would describe Canberra as a larger version.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:33 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Talking Re: Canberra-Yes or No?

well you can all say what you like but i'm still going! but then again i think i'm looking at the place from a different perspective to most. wide roads, no traffic, roundabouts, mountains, lakes...! ahhh heaven. vroomvroom

debio. I don't think i could offer much more than has already been said, but give me a month and i'll let you know.

Quinkana. i thought all the dishes were destroyed in the bushfires a few years back! Glad to hear they're still there, ta for that.

leigh
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:00 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scutterUK
well you can all say what you like but i'm still going! but then again i think i'm looking at the place from a different perspective to most. wide roads, no traffic, roundabouts, mountains, lakes...! ahhh heaven. vroomvroom

debio. I don't think i could offer much more than has already been said, but give me a month and i'll let you know.

Quinkana. i thought all the dishes were destroyed in the bushfires a few years back! Glad to hear they're still there, ta for that.

leigh
Mount Stromlo optical telescopes and workshops razed. Happily back in business.

PLANS UNVEILED FOR THE NEW STROMLO
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Basically, as you may have now gathered, canberra is an amazing place for some, hell on earth for others. Its the sort of place where you either will love it or hate it, there doesnt seem to be a middle view.

As I said earlier, I like the place. If you are there, go to the Tuggeranong club (just up the road from the mall), the view of the mountains out of acres of plate glass window is to die for.

If you are seriously thinking in terms of Canberra, arrange to spend a week or so there and make up your own mind about the place, that is the only really practical advice I can offer.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scutterUK

leigh
Thanks Leigh,
Keep me posted on your adventure-PLEASE
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:32 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debio
Thanks Leigh,
Keep me posted on your adventure-PLEASE

rightyoh! will do.

trev. I couldn't agree with ya more, the views were ace!