Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra Meet Up!

Canberra Meet Up!

Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canberra Meet Up!

Saturday 24 April. Anyone interested - PM me.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canberra Meet Up!

Originally Posted by sasbear
Saturday 24 April. Anyone interested - PM me.

OK the date: Saturday 24th January
time: 11 am onwards - till prob about 3.30 ish depending.

Venue: Lake burley Griffin - Yarralumla - yachting club entry car park.

What to bring: yoursleves - picnic something to sit on and fishing rods (if you want to) and a boat or canoe or kayak (not compulsory) we will have enough for a few newbies to have a try if they want!!!

PM me for further info and to swap telephone numbers.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:27 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

ooohh, I'm tempted as we are down in sunny Canberra that weekend but we won't make it until maybe 2pm from Sydney.I'll pm for phone & then can ring you if we get there earlier
Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hoola
ooohh, I'm tempted as we are down in sunny Canberra that weekend but we won't make it until maybe 2pm from Sydney.I'll pm for phone & then can ring you if we get there earlier
Thanks

No worries
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hopefully this map will load up as attachment for those that need it - we park in the carpark off of Alexandria Drive just round from Hopetoun CCT
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lake Birley Griffin Map.pdf (82.2 KB, 93 views)
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Hi
Will see you there! Looking forward to it.
Emma
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by black cat
Hi
Will see you there! Looking forward to it.
Emma
Everything still set for today - see you all later. I have my mobile or just keep a look out for a two person blue kayak and a red one and a blue canoe.....
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:03 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Sorry to have missed the meet.
You wouldn't believe it.....only a few hours in Canberra & No2 did a faceplant from his skateboard & we were off to A&E as he was complaining of fuzzy vision & bad headache on the opposite side of his face that hit the floor.
Apart from a very badly grazed hip & an egg shiner over his left eye, he was suffering concussion...all in all this meant we had to do very little on Sat with NO excitment allowed for 24 hours.
hmmm
not exactly the day I had planned

Thanks for the invite & maybe see you on my next visit
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hoola
Sorry to have missed the meet.
You wouldn't believe it.....only a few hours in Canberra & No2 did a faceplant from his skateboard & we were off to A&E as he was complaining of fuzzy vision & bad headache on the opposite side of his face that hit the floor.
Apart from a very badly grazed hip & an egg shiner over his left eye, he was suffering concussion...all in all this meant we had to do very little on Sat with NO excitment allowed for 24 hours.
hmmm
not exactly the day I had planned

Thanks for the invite & maybe see you on my next visit
Sorry to hear about the accident - no worries will catch you next time.