Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra Info Websites / How are you Getting On With Your Move to Canberra?

Canberra Info Websites / How are you Getting On With Your Move to Canberra?

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:53 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canberra Info Websites / How are you Getting On With Your Move to Canberra?

Hi all,

Just got a pack through from live in canberra team with loads of useful websites and information (im probably miles behind you all!)

www.liveincanberra.com.au and click on information pack on the home page, just ask for what you need in your email.

Community websites look very useful!

Living in Tuggeranong website : www.commsatwork.org
Woden www.wcs.org.au
Belconnen www.belconnen.org.au
Gungahlin www.gungahlin.net

How are you all getting on with your plans?

Carmel
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: Canberra Info Websites / How are you Getting On With Your Move to Canberra?

Originally Posted by carmele
Hi all,

Just got a pack through from live in canberra team with loads of useful websites and information (im probably miles behind you all!)

www.liveincanberra.com.au and click on information pack on the home page, just ask for what you need in your email.

Community websites look very useful!

Living in Tuggeranong website : www.commsatwork.org
Woden www.wcs.org.au
Belconnen www.belconnen.org.au
Gungahlin www.gungahlin.net

How are you all getting on with your plans?

Carmel
Hi Carmel

We're off to Gungahlin 3rd September - got 'some' info from different sites, but probably going to see more when we get there - kids are more or less sorted with Schools in Dickson, so fingers crossed it all goes well!!!

Angie
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:01 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Canberra Info Websites / How are you Getting On With Your Move to Canberra?

Ah I'm drawn to Gungahlin for some reason and have based our search on the area when we get there. Although I will drive by tuggeranong, belconnen and probably the whole of canberra just to make sure it's the right place for us.

I'm not quite sure why? I think because it's newer etc It's good to see that there's not just me looking there!

Ange I've been looking at schools around gungahlin, your looking at dickson, is this because it's en route to work etc or have you found the schools in gungahlin aren't to your liking?

Would like to know as I'm just looking at websites and tables etc.

We move out of our house on 21 July so hopefully we will be over there just before this or just after! flights are expensive this time of year!Are they any cheaper in september?

Carmel
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: Canberra Info Websites / How are you Getting On With Your Move to Canberra?

Originally Posted by carmele
Ah I'm drawn to Gungahlin for some reason and have based our search on the area when we get there. Although I will drive by tuggeranong, belconnen and probably the whole of canberra just to make sure it's the right place for us.

I'm not quite sure why? I think because it's newer etc It's good to see that there's not just me looking there!

Ange I've been looking at schools around gungahlin, your looking at dickson, is this because it's en route to work etc or have you found the schools in gungahlin aren't to your liking?

Would like to know as I'm just looking at websites and tables etc.

We move out of our house on 21 July so hopefully we will be over there just before this or just after! flights are expensive this time of year!Are they any cheaper in september?

Carmel
Hi Carmel

We're going through the Royal Australian Navy Route - so we don't pay for anything. They pay for all of the Visa stuff and the travel etc - which is a relief!!!

We have chosen Dickson because it's where Daramalan College is and we are hoping that the kids will be accepted there. It has a very good reputation and is Co-Ed.

As for Schools in Gunghalin, it depends on the ages of your kids??? How old are they?

http://www.det.act.gov.au/schools/schools.htm

We move out of our house 31st August and go to London 3rd September. We are going to Kuala Lumpar for a couple of days and then on to Sydney. We have internal flight to Canberra and arrive 7th Spetember.

Hubbie went out to Oz in November and got return for £650 - this was through ebookers. I think it's a case of searching for a while and looking at loads of different websites - we went out a couple of years ago as a family and went direct through Emirates.

Best of luck!!

Angie
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:46 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

'Ey Up.....

Well, this where we are up to

1. Unacommpanied boxes got picked up by Excess Baggage on Monday
2. John Masons turned up today to pack the house - they are doing a brilliant job.....
3. House sale completes on Friday
4. We are flying out 19th June - 2 night stopover in Singapore - arrive in Canberra 23rd June
5. A week to get sorted (medicare, etc etc)
6. Look for rental in Calwell, Thoedore, Banks, Gordon, Conder..........
7. Kids to school before they break off for the holiday (6th July)
8. Kick back, open a beer and relax until August when furnoture arrives !!!!!!!