Canberra Advice

Old Nov 24th 2004, 12:03 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Canberra Advice

Hello,

Right here’s a couple of questions re: my research for studying in Australia, although I had my heart set for Brisbane since it’s the Australian city where I have a few friends and I know it reasonably well compared to others because I have been there for a short while. As you know studying has an international student it is very expensive so in terms of finance I will have ( already started ) to create a budget for the course plus living etc… At the moment ( part of the research ) I’m looking @ Canberra and international fees compared to Brisbane seemed relatively cheaper I assume the cost of living is cheaper too, someo9ne can confirm? What I would like to know from our members in Canberra is how do you find the lifestyle of Canberra ( I heard its pretty boring ) but has a student I’m not looking for too much excitement, ( have to study not party hehe ) I believe it’s full of parks? To study it would be perfect that environment heheheh. Expensive/cheap? How far (car/plane) from Canberra to Sydney ( i also have a friend in Sydney, so I could always pop in to Sydney once in awhile during holidays or weekends not all of course )

Hows the job scene in Canberra part-time wise, ie: couple of hours Saturday and Sunday for students?

And if anyone has any links that might help I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Pedro

PS – this might sound like a stupid question but im learning to fly in the Uk so I would like to continue flying in Oz even though I will not be able to fly as much like I do in the uk, I will search the net as well but just in case someone knows, is there an aeroclub in Canberra???

Sorry for the grammar mistakes but it’s a bit dangerous surfing when you should be working hehehe so I have rushed through as quick as possible to write the above….
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canberra Advice

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hello,

Right here’s a couple of questions re: my research for studying in Australia, although I had my heart set for Brisbane since it’s the Australian city where I have a few friends and I know it reasonably well compared to others because I have been there for a short while. As you know studying has an international student it is very expensive so in terms of finance I will have ( already started ) to create a budget for the course plus living etc… At the moment ( part of the research ) I’m looking @ Canberra and international fees compared to Brisbane seemed relatively cheaper I assume the cost of living is cheaper too, someo9ne can confirm? What I would like to know from our members in Canberra is how do you find the lifestyle of Canberra ( I heard its pretty boring ) but has a student I’m not looking for too much excitement, ( have to study not party hehe ) I believe it’s full of parks? To study it would be perfect that environment heheheh. Expensive/cheap? How far (car/plane) from Canberra to Sydney ( i also have a friend in Sydney, so I could always pop in to Sydney once in awhile during holidays or weekends not all of course )

Hows the job scene in Canberra part-time wise, ie: couple of hours Saturday and Sunday for students?

And if anyone has any links that might help I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Pedro

PS – this might sound like a stupid question but im learning to fly in the Uk so I would like to continue flying in Oz even though I will not be able to fly as much like I do in the uk, I will search the net as well but just in case someone knows, is there an aeroclub in Canberra???

Sorry for the grammar mistakes but it’s a bit dangerous surfing when you should be working hehehe so I have rushed through as quick as possible to write the above….
Hey there,
Can't really help in terms of cost of living - moving out to Canberra in Jan for job. Would be really interested what people say about prices etc!!!
Scutteruk has recently moved out there - he may be able to advise on the finance side of things.
As for flying clubs I haven't got a clue
I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what advice people can give us.
Kristine
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canberra Advice

Quick google came up with this

http://www.canberra-aeroclub.com.au/

Otherwise not got a clue. e-mail Scutter. He doesn't come on an awful lot now he has a busy life