Reload this Page >

Canadian criminal record check

Wikiposts

Canadian criminal record check

Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

MarkN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian criminal record check

Having spent quite a bit of time in Canada a few years ago, I was asked to provide a record check as part of my Australian spouse visa application. I couriered the request to the RCMP about 8 weeks ago now, and have had nothing so far. Does anyone have any experiance of how long the Canadians take to process this?

As a comparison, I also had to apply for an American check, and they returned it in 4 weeks! So I'm getting a bit concerned that I've not received the Canadian one after 8 weeks.

Mark

-Sorry just realised this is in the Lifestyle forum. I'll re-post in immigration.

Last edited by MarkN; Jun 14th 2005 at 7:16 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

sooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Canadian criminal record check

Hi there,

I lived as a student in canada for just over a year about 9 years ago so was very disappointed i had to wait a few months for the canadian police check to come through!

Our case officer was great in the fact that she got the rest of the forms ready so when we sent the police check through the visa was granted within a month of the police checks coming through!!

All in all it took from the beginning of december 04 to early march 05 for the canadian police check to come back.

We got our visas granted the end of April

Good luck...
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

thanks for letting me know. I'm a bit shocked it took 3 months for them to come through. I had expected it to be 2 months. I don't feel quite so concerned we've heard nothing from them anymore though!

cheers,

Mark
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkN
thanks for letting me know. I'm a bit shocked it took 3 months for them to come through. I had expected it to be 2 months. I don't feel quite so concerned we've heard nothing from them anymore though!

cheers,

Mark
I'm just a bout to send mine off, they quote 150 days

I have my finger prints but cant seem to find out if there is a special form to fill in, Its my undertsanding that you send off the prints with a letter explaining why you want them, all your contact info and $25 per person...is that right or is there a sepcial form?

Mark
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wildmark
I'm just a bout to send mine off, they quote 150 days

I have my finger prints but cant seem to find out if there is a special form to fill in, Its my undertsanding that you send off the prints with a letter explaining why you want them, all your contact info and $25 per person...is that right or is there a sepcial form?

Mark
I just sent off my prints with a cover letter with, like you say, the reason for the request and your personal details. Oh yes, and the fee. There's always another fee to send off isn't there?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

I just sent off my prints with a cover letter with, like you say, the reason for the request and your personal details. Oh yes, and the fee. There's always another fee to send off isn't there?
Cheers, I did the same this afternoon. Where in Canada did you stay? we were in Newmarket, Ont.

Mark
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I sent sent for mine about 6 months ago and sent no fee because it is not required if you are using the report for immigration purposes. Take a look at the RCMP website, do a search for criminal records check and bobs your uncle.

Carole
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
I sent sent for mine about 6 months ago and sent no fee because it is not required if you are using the report for immigration purposes. Take a look at the RCMP website, do a search for criminal records check and bobs your uncle.

Carole

I read the info and if your outside Canada it says you have to pay.

Have you got your's back yet?

Mark
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:55 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

My Canadian police check took 2 weeks! I was told there is a specific service to go through (Though I can't for the life of me remember it now except that the office was right near Alexis Neon Plaza) I'll have a look for it....

Dunno why mine was so much faster, maybe because I'm a Canadian citizen?

Siren
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Cheers, I did the same this afternoon. Where in Canada did you stay? we were in Newmarket, Ont.

Mark
I spent my time in Montreal. I was actually travelling there regularly on business trips, and staying for 4-8 weeks at a time. Unfortunately Australia house still class business trips as "living there" so still require the police checks.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

I spent my time in Montreal. I was actually travelling there regularly on business trips, and staying for 4-8 weeks at a time. Unfortunately Australia house still class business trips as "living there" so still require the police checks.
Ah, Montral, the lads from the footy team where I played took me there as a leaving present, did not see much of the City (unless you class that as strip joints )

Mark
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I read the info and if your outside Canada it says you have to pay.

Have you got your's back yet?

Mark
Mark
I applied for mine from England and I didn't pay a cent but at the time I was applied for canadian immigration and not australian, that may have made a differnce. From sending mine off and receiving it back it was nearly 5 months.

Canadian application in but now on way to Perth on a 457 - boy we get around don't we!!
Carole
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:51 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Having spent quite a bit of time in Canada a few years ago, I was asked to provide a record check as part of my Australian spouse visa application. I couriered the request to the RCMP about 8 weeks ago now, and have had nothing so far. Does anyone have any experiance of how long the Canadians take to process this?

As a comparison, I also had to apply for an American check, and they returned it in 4 weeks! So I'm getting a bit concerned that I've not received the Canadian one after 8 weeks.

Mark

-Sorry just realised this is in the Lifestyle forum. I'll re-post in immigration.

and after you've waited between 90 and 150 for the useless Canadians to do whatever it takes them to do (it says something when Scotland Yard can do it quicker (20 days) ) you get the most underwehelming bit of paper saying we can't find any crimes that relate to these finger prints. Would it kill them for a nice certificate saying "I stole nothing and murdered no one during my stay in Cananda", maybe they should do a T-shirt seeing they hold up your visa for so long???