Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can your freezer cope in the heat?

Can your freezer cope in the heat?

Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Can your freezer cope in the heat?

wE NOTICED THAT ONE OF OUR FREEZERS (Iceland) REALLY STRAINED TO COPE WITH THE 101 C HEAT YEsTERDAY. i HAD TO TURN IT FULL UP AS MOST OF THE FOOD HAD DEFROSTED, ALL THE ICECREAM MELTED OUT OF THE BOTTOM. mY OTHER FRIDGE/FREEZER (hOTPOINT) WAS FINE.

I am seriously wondering whether to take it with us now. It is 2 years old. One of the removal companies said they don't always work properly out there.

Did you have a problem with yours?Are you going to leave it here?

(sorry about the capitals, I didn't notice until it was typed!)

Last edited by tinaj; Aug 11th 2003 at 9:08 am.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:44 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Believe it or not.....one of our freezers....admit its our old one (7 years) died yesterday !
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Enzo&Chloe is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

mine, 1 year old and 3 weeks, died on Friday..
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:53 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice
Default Re: Can your freezer cope in the heat?

Originally posted by tinaj
wE NOTICED THAT ONE OF OUR FREEZERS (Iceland) REALLY STRAINED TO COPE WITH THE 101 C HEAT YEATERDAY. i HAD TO TURN IT FULL UP AS MOST OF THE FOOD HAD DEFROSTED, ALL THE ICECREAM MELTED OUT OF THE BOTTOM. mY OTHER FRIDGE/FREEZER (hOTPOINT) WAS FINE.

I am seriously wondering whether to take it with us now. It is 2 years old. One of the removal companies said they don't always work properly out there.

Did you have a problem with yours?Are you going to leave it here?

(soory about the capitals, I didn't notice until it was typed!)
We sold our 2 fridges and chest freezer before we went to Brisbane and bought a 486 litre fridge when we got there. You need a large fridge in Oz as you have to keep most things in it. It was the one thing I was determined to bring back with us to the UK and we had to buy a house with a big enough kitchen to take it but it is wonderful. I certainly don't need two fridges now!!! and of course most of the year it has quite an easy life here in the UK!!!

Susan & her fridge

Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:35 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default fridges freezers

Dont bother bringing european , fridge freezers , to oz ,to be totally honest they dont make the grade, aust has 2 zones . hot and humid , very hot and dry, and manfactures,s here make fridges for both zones ......... MM
Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

I remember reading somewhere (please dont shoot me if i'm wrong) that uk fradges and freezers are only made to work in temps up to the high 20's where as in aus they are made to work in temps up to 40 odd degrees, i'm sure i read it on here so try doing a search and see what comes up!

Lynn
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am going to have to make an insurance claim as I just checked inside and all of the food is soft. I think the frost free got frost built up on it and died. Oh well I will have to cope without it for the next few months.