Reload this Page >

Can you take wood in to OZ?

Can you take wood in to OZ?

Old May 12th 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road
Default Can you take wood in to OZ?

Hi everyone,
Hope this isn't a really stupid question but moving to Sydney in Sept and was just wondering if you can take in wooden objects, photo frames, ornaments etc. Not shipping anything, just small stuff in suitcase.
Someone told me once they wont allow wooden produvts in and if found will confiscate them and fine you??
Any clues??
Old May 12th 2005, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can you take wood in to OZ?

Originally Posted by Rockville
Hi everyone,
Hope this isn't a really stupid question but moving to Sydney in Sept and was just wondering if you can take in wooden objects, photo frames, ornaments etc. Not shipping anything, just small stuff in suitcase.
Someone told me once they wont allow wooden produvts in and if found will confiscate them and fine you??
Any clues??
hello! as far as im aware u can, depending on what it is.and has to be clean. there are lots of threads on here so do a search, im sure u will find loads of info!
Old May 12th 2005, 5:22 pm
FVC
Forum Regular

FVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the rough

Hi, just to let you know, we have some friends who took a wicker laundry basket (I known it is larger than you are taking in your case), but when the container reached customs, they wanted to fumigate it etc at an massive cost. In the end they told customs to destroy it!
Old May 12th 2005, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Any processed wood (furniture etc) is not a problem.
Baskets will be fumigated or destroyed. No seeds meat fruit flowers etc. Also dont take any African curios (wood). The wood is generally untreated and full of worms. i concur with the fumigation costs as i know a few people who rather destroyed stuff than pay for fumigation. At the airport they have dogs that will sniff you and are trained to find all this contraband. If the dog sits next to you, you are in for a LONG day! They actually also have post restricions etc on the AQIS website Something like Australian Quarantine inspection. I went to the Customs website. Sent an email asking about this, and was sent a link to their site which is very clear
Old May 12th 2005, 8:17 pm
wombat42

Hi everyone,
Any clues??
Just be careful if you are stopping off in Asia on the way to OZ, they hang wood smugglers along with the drug smugglers.

Old May 12th 2005, 8:40 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Just be careful if you are stopping off in Asia on the way to OZ, they hang wood smugglers along with the drug smugglers.
Yep, and I think WOMBATS have just been added to the list too!
Old May 13th 2005, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Thansk evryone, don't think i'll bother taking anything in!!
Just buy new
Gill
Old May 13th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Thansk evryone, don't think i'll bother taking anything in!!
Just buy new
Gill
I must admit i smile at all the posts that say about taking that and taking this...my view is that if it dont fit into 2 suitcases its geting chucked...dunno how my good lady willl feel when it comes to chucking her shoes out tho...lol... :scared:
Old May 13th 2005, 10:06 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Victoria Wood
Old May 13th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

will clean, wooden statues be ok for customs clearance?
Old May 13th 2005, 1:43 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

As I understood it, you can only take in things that have been treated like furniture-I guess its ok for picture frames if they've been varnished etc but stuff like wicker,raffia,pot pourii etc is a total no go
Old May 13th 2005, 1:54 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chaval
I must admit i smile at all the posts that say about taking that and taking this...my view is that if it dont fit into 2 suitcases its geting chucked...dunno how my good lady willl feel when it comes to chucking her shoes out tho...lol... :scared:
Hi chaval,
Tell to have a chat with me. I have managed to get our financial history down to 2 folders and everything else into about 2 boxes. I don't have a problem getting rid of shoes as there are always nicer ones out there. My Terry Pratchett books is another story, lol.
Sarah
Old May 13th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hi chaval,
Tell to have a chat with me. I have managed to get our financial history down to 2 folders and everything else into about 2 boxes. I don't have a problem getting rid of shoes as there are always nicer ones out there. My Terry Pratchett books is another story, lol.
Sarah
thats what i say chuck the lot an start again...i was gonna put a post on saying...should i take my wool crombie for use in brizzy...lol
i will seriously be taking 2 cases...the rest as alan sugar says will be fired....actaually u've made me think..all my books...mmmmm anyone off to uni an want some (quite) old books.. ?
Old May 13th 2005, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hi chaval,
Sarah
I agree Sarah, I brought 3 pairs of shoes, and 10 boxes of books - and I think Anya4Oz outdid even me! Now we have a house with cupboards I have unpacked them all, and The Bloke just stood staring at them muttering "OMG I didn;t realise there was THAT many!" Books are like friends, you can't part with the good ones.
Old May 13th 2005, 2:46 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by sa2oz
I went to the Customs website. Sent an email asking about this, and was sent a link to their site which is very clear
You were lucky, we sent an email to customs asking about my swords and never got a response. So I'm taking them and will give them some grief if they have a problem with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.