Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can you take christmas trees?

can you take christmas trees?

Old Sep 21st 2003, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Default can you take christmas trees?

Hi, we are off to Perth on the 30th september, the packers are coming tomorrow and we move out on wednesday.so we were wondering what to do with our xmas tree,do they allow you to take them,we forgot to ask when they gave us an estimate.
good luck to everyone moving to OZ,
sue&bob
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default ????

Check out the Australian Customs site, but I'm pretty sure you're not allowed any plant material because of disease. Just like you have to clean all your garden stuff really well and not have any wooden stuff which could have worms in it.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Mover would know the answer - maybe he'll be on later tonight......meantime I'm almost sure you can't take the Christmas tree, and while you're on the subject - this one hasn't been mentioned for a while - chuck out your Xmas decorations with PINE CONES in them! Something to do with the seeds in them, even after they've been sprayed silver. They say that if a box is labelled Xmas Decs, it will almost certainly be opened by Customs, if they find any cones they will destroy them, and charge you for the privilege.

Have a search through the forum, and on www.aqis.gov.au

Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:21 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

What about santa? Does he have to have the pressies he's got in his sleigh checked by customs? :scared:

My first crimbo in Oz.......
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:37 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Mr Mover would know the answer - maybe he'll be on later tonight......meantime I'm almost sure you can't take the Christmas tree, and while you're on the subject - this one hasn't been mentioned for a while - chuck out your Xmas decorations with PINE CONES in them! Something to do with the seeds in them, even after they've been sprayed silver. They say that if a box is labelled Xmas Decs, it will almost certainly be opened by Customs, if they find any cones they will destroy them, and charge you for the privilege.

Have a search through the forum, and on www.aqis.gov.au

As long as they are imitation trees and not the real thing they will be ok, but caution some imitation trees have wooden stems and this could have bark on it,which will be rejected,pollyana is right dont even bother with x-mas decs that have pine cones or plant materials. check out the site she listed.............. MM
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 12:42 am
WBB

i bet santa is turning in his grotto

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 12:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BrisbaneBrummie
What about santa? Does he have to have the pressies he's got in his sleigh checked by customs? :scared:

My first crimbo in Oz.......
He is still walking a bit funny from his customs experience. Somthing about rubber goves.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: can you take christmas trees?

Originally posted by sue&bob
Hi, we are off to Perth on the 30th september, the packers are coming tomorrow and we move out on wednesday.so we were wondering what to do with our xmas tree,do they allow you to take them,we forgot to ask when they gave us an estimate.
good luck to everyone moving to OZ,
sue&bob
Hi sue&bob, you can take xmastrees but definately not pine cones, I just moved out to melbourne 17 days ago and they charged me 55 dollars to get rid of the cones. My daughter had a mini tree in a box but they left it so i would say no matter what size, it would be fine. Jan Hutchy